Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

question for mom with young girls. **EDIT**

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this

hey mommas with girlies...

puberty at age 8? possible growing of hair? itching on the top of the vagina .. around the clit? could it be hair growth? its slightly rough . kinda like after shave scruff..any advice?

**EDIT**

Okay ladies, just so you know, NO we do not buy meat at the stores .. we butcher our own and eat our own meat .. (beef, chicken and pork) .. yes we buy milk, we LOVE milk .. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IansMommy2012
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM

no body? :( 

CoeyG
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Yes puberty at 8, I was 9, my cousin was 8 my daughter was 10, some girls start early.  As far as the itching, could be a uti or yeast infection...go to the doctor.

bbmkfo03
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately, puberty is possible. But I'd have her checked at the doctor if she's itchy.

izzyb120
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
My daughter (5 yo) gets very itchy & irritated. Took her to dr & turns out she doesnt wipe very well & gets toilet paper stuck down there. Flushable wipes have helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
startupscafe
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Meats are being injected with hormones such as estrogen.  When we eat the meats, we get the estrogen.  It will cause cancers of the reproductive organs and the young girls will develop much too early.  You can replace the diet with grassfed beef and organic chicken.  Or raise the chickens yourself.

Soy also has estrogen.

CoeyG
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting startupscafe:

Meats are being injected with hormones such as estrogen.  When we eat the meats, we get the estrogen.  It will cause cancers of the reproductive organs and the young girls will develop much too early.  You can replace the diet with grassfed beef and organic chicken.  Or raise the chickens yourself.

Soy also has estrogen.

Meats are not being injected with hormones.  Cows are female bovine...Female bovine are used for milk and meat.  Females have estrogen in their bodies...just as males have testosterone...funny you're not afraid of the testosterone in meats.  Soy does not have estrogen...

StevensCare4u
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

My 9 y/o just started her period4 months after she turned 9. So Yes its very possible.

DarlaHood
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM

The very beginnings of puberty start aroudn 8 or 9.  But that doesn't mean she will be finihing anytime soon.  It is likely the major changes are still a couple year out.

IansMommy2012
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Quoting izzyb120:

My daughter (5 yo) gets very itchy & irritated. Took her to dr & turns out she doesnt wipe very well & gets toilet paper stuck down there. Flushable wipes have helped.

shes been using baby wipes every time she pees and changing her underwear as well . 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Yep thank big corporation farms for the hormones and don't forget the soy too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)