Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My husband doesn't check his pockets before laundry

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM
  • 114 Replies

Yes I could check them, but it seems like an extra task for me, and I'm unenthusiastic about grabbing some of the stuff he puts in his pockets when working in the garage or outside anyway. I've joked about how clean his fold up knife is now, I've told him seriously that the metal items damage the clothes in the laundry and can damage the machines. Shall I just go ahead and take on the check the pockets task?

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakenzi
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:28 AM
I would, I check all pockets before the wash. Never know what my girl has decided to hang on to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taina361
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:30 AM
9 moms liked this

i check all the time sometimes I get paid to do my so laundry cuz of his pants he just doesnt know it :P lol

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:33 AM
5 moms liked this
Same here. I made $20.79 today.
Quoting taina361:

i check all the time sometimes I get paid to do my so laundry cuz of his pants he just doesnt know it :P lol

manicMOM_DLC
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I check pockets. Find all sorts if goodies. My fave is finding "laundry tips"
Supervane
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Neither does mine! He has ruined so many loads of laundry by leaving things like chapstick or pens that explode in the dryer. He would blame me for not checking his pockets - my response your not 6! And I am not your mother. I empty my pockets every nite when I am taking my clothes off, why is it so hard for him...???

First time it happened it was a chapstick it ruined all my nice work clothes so he took me shopping. Then it happened with a blue ink pen he ruined an entire load of denim, again things needed to be repurchased. I told him that it was fine he could keep ruining clothes the day he was a millionair and able to afford disposable clothes! And guess what it happened again this time with a fountain pen he stole from a salesperson. Only that this time around he ruined all of his uniform shirts. Those could not be replaced since he is only allowed a certain amount per calendar year. Now he empties his own damn pockets. LESSON LEARNED! You should have seen him frantically calling his mom and asking her how to remove ink from clothes. Nothing worked it was permanent.

GremlinMom
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:49 AM
3 moms liked this
This is just a vent right? Cuz...yeah! Just check his damn pockets. He doesn't do it before he turns them over to you. You don't do it before they go in the washer or the dryer. That's your fault there. If I feel something in DHs pocket while I'm seperating laundry I call him over and make him empty them. If he is not around I do it then remind him he didn't do it and tell him I had to do it and I'm keeping his change. Just do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smilesmile
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:52 AM

I dont like it either and I told DH that he needs to start checking them or his things will be washed and he will damage the new washer and dryer.

JoeMax
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 5:39 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol, I have a piggy bank near the washer. Anything a dollar or under I keep. It goes straight into the piggy bank, dh calls it my housekeeping tips. I probably have about a hundred dollars or so every year, and its just for me to spend how I want to lol.

Quoting taina361:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beco8627
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this
When I'm sorting his laundry I just quickly squeeze the pockets of his pants/shorts and will know if there is something in there. He's pretty good about emptying his pockets when he gets home and sticks whatever may be in there in the drawer with his wallet and keys...but sometimes he misses a piece of paper, chapstick, lighter, etc. Whatever I may find I just put on his dresser for him to deal with. Not a real big task, it literally takes 2 seconds to squeeze the pockets as I'm digging his clothes out of the basket.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie85
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:29 AM

If I'm doing the laundry I check all of the pockets. To me its just part of doing the laundry. If I find money I keep it too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN