Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My husband doesn't check his pockets before laundry

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes I could check them, but it seems like an extra task for me, and I'm unenthusiastic about grabbing some of the stuff he puts in his pockets when working in the garage or outside anyway. I've joked about how clean his fold up knife is now, I've told him seriously that the metal items damage the clothes in the laundry and can damage the machines. Shall I just go ahead and take on the check the pockets task?

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Replies (101-110):
lilbosslady1978
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Why not do it?  Takes like what - ten seconds per pair?  What's the big deal?  It's like him checking your transmission fluid when he checks your oil.  Big deal. 

Thelmama
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I automatically check pockets when putting on laundry. It is just part of it because tissues can be missed and man those are awful when they get in the laundry.

lilbosslady1978
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM

/facepalm You have children.  How the hell are you worried about a used tissue, woman? LOL

Quoting Bmat:

Yes I guess.  But I hate to stick my hand in the pockets and not know if I will come up with a used tissue or what. Lately it's been a lot of screws and bolts- bad for the laundry.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Ummm...yeah, kind of part of laundry IMO

dommad2
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I check! Whatever money I find is my bonus for doing laundry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Oh yeah, right.  Good point. I am being silly. :)

Quoting lilbosslady1978:

/facepalm You have children.  How the hell are you worried about a used tissue, woman? LOL

Quoting Bmat:

Yes I guess.  But I hate to stick my hand in the pockets and not know if I will come up with a used tissue or what. Lately it's been a lot of screws and bolts- bad for the laundry.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Ummm...yeah, kind of part of laundry IMO

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM

OK, another good point.  He does check the car fluids. 

Quoting lilbosslady1978:

Why not do it?  Takes like what - ten seconds per pair?  What's the big deal?  It's like him checking your transmission fluid when he checks your oil.  Big deal. 

Madammeke
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I check the pockets before putting it in the laundry and have been surprised with money, all the money is mine and I spend it on myself. That thought them to check before putting it in the laundry basket. But I still check man are careless when it comes to that.

Mena929
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

If you don't want your machine messed up, then I say yes.

MrsRobinson06
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I do, my husband knows all money found is mine!

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Even after all of the good advice a month ago, I still haven't been checking my husband's pockets before tossing his clothes into the washer.  Sure enough, yesterday he left a tissue in his pocket and it was all over the laundry. He was sitting in the next room when I said oh no you've left a tissue in your pocket again... and he had no remorse. :(   I really must check his pockets, I guess, since it is my problem and not his, but I am really reluctant to grab a used tissue from his pockets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN