Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My husband doesn't check his pockets before laundry

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes I could check them, but it seems like an extra task for me, and I'm unenthusiastic about grabbing some of the stuff he puts in his pockets when working in the garage or outside anyway. I've joked about how clean his fold up knife is now, I've told him seriously that the metal items damage the clothes in the laundry and can damage the machines. Shall I just go ahead and take on the check the pockets task?

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Replies (51-60):
cnlsmommy
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Wash his clothes separate and then whatever is ruined is his.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Hey! This is an idea! Thank you.

Quoting cnlsmommy:

cnlsmommy
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:57 PM
That's what I had to do to my husband. He does maintenance and wood working and after being stabbed with splinters and nails and sticking my hand in a gel chemical of some sort I told him NO more! Oh, and that's outside of the typical money, pens, Chapstick, etc

Quoting Bmat:

Hey! This is an idea! Thank you.

Quoting cnlsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris1885
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Just remind him that it is "finder's keepers". After my husband lost a few $50 bills, he learned REAL fast to check his pockets.

AuntyEm774
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM
I check everyone's pockets. Change is mine, bills I give back to the owner. Other goodies (bolts, nuts, knives, pens, chapstick, rocks, etc) go in a bucket in the laundryroom. It's just park of doing laundry.
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

I check pockets. Find all sorts if goodies. My fave is finding "laundry tips"

heidi749
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM

After I washed his cell phone a few years ago, I decided it was just easier for me to check them, then expect him to take the stuff out of them, plus it is always nice when I get paid lol, even my DS's pockets have to be checked now, little bugger likes to put rocks, sand, dinki cars and other really weird stuff, that I do not want in my washer. IMO just easier to check it first.

celestegood
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM

How hard is it for a grown man to empty his pockets when he takes his pants off?

He isn't a five year old.  What would he do if something happened to you?  Would he be clueless and not know to empty his pockets when he did laundry?  Or does he not know how to even run the washer/dryer?

Quoting GremlinMom:

This is just a vent right? Cuz...yeah! Just check his damn pockets. He doesn't do it before he turns them over to you. You don't do it before they go in the washer or the dryer. That's your fault there. If I feel something in DHs pocket while I'm seperating laundry I call him over and make him empty them. If he is not around I do it then remind him he didn't do it and tell him I had to do it and I'm keeping his change. Just do it.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM

DH does his own and I do mine and the girls'.

So IDK.

I guess if I were you I'd just check.  :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Quoting cnlsmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)