Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats the difference between

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM
  • 10 Replies
How do u tell the difference between a colic baby and a lactose intolerance baby what are the symptoms of each one ... Cuz my 1 month old baby cries a lot after she eats.. and her tummy growls when she eats and and she drinks the bottle like she hasn't drink in days lol ...but she does eat normal but her gasses smell like she made a boo boo lol but all she does is cry cry cry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Lactose intolerant babies puke it up. Colic babies will usually just cry a ton :( From my experience anyway. 

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Colic crying fits usually happen around the same time of day for about the same length of time. Food intolerance will happen shortly after each meal.
ericamunoz519
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:51 PM
It's kinda hard for me to figure it out cuz she cries all the time she is awake ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

What are you feeding her?
How often, does she burp, and what do her poops look like?

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

If she cries all of the time when she is awake it is likely a food intolerance. It might be lactose intolerance or a milk protein allergy. They are not one in the same. My boys had a milk protein allergy and also reflux. DD was a happy spitter. Babyhood in my house was very messy.

Not all babies spit up when they are having food issues. And not all babies who spit a lot have reflux.

Call your pediatrician tomorrow and see if baby needs to be seen or you should just change to soy or a lactose free formula.

CoeyG
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

If she doesn't have any bowel movment then she is going to continue to cr4y until you take her to the doctor.  No bowel movments means there iis a problem.  You say you bottle feed her, so either you pump or she is on formula.  If she is on formula it may not be the right one for her.  This you would need to discuss with the doctro.  The doctor will probably change the formula.  

yperez0209
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I nursed my kids for about a year, however, my twins I was only able to do so for nine months. When I switched them over to formula they broke out in hives. So, I had to give them Nutramigen (not sure of the spelling) by enfamil. I know your asking about colic, but this milk is very gentle. It's about double the price of regular formula, but if your doctor writes a letter to your insurance company stating milk allergies and medically necessary, they will cover the cost. It's milk based but the proteins are broken up in a way that they don't brake out from it and there tummies did great on it. As they grew up the allergy became more of an intolerance to milk. Now they are four years old and are able to drink milk. I hope this helped you.

Malley
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was on the same formula and then in lactose free milk. I took him to an allergist b/c he had stomach problems. He is able to drink milk now.

Quoting yperez0209:

I nursed my kids for about a year, however, my twins I was only able to do so for nine months. When I switched them over to formula they broke out in hives. So, I had to give them Nutramigen (not sure of the spelling) by enfamil. I know your asking about colic, but this milk is very gentle. It's about double the price of regular formula, but if your doctor writes a letter to your insurance company stating milk allergies and medically necessary, they will cover the cost. It's milk based but the proteins are broken up in a way that they don't brake out from it and there tummies did great on it. As they grew up the allergy became more of an intolerance to milk. Now they are four years old and are able to drink milk. I hope this helped you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Try a soy formula. I had to use it for my oldest. Regular formula constipated him and made him real fussy. Started soy formula and he changed. Not fussy and no more constipation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ericamunoz519
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM
I give her similac advance and she poops once a day really brownish greenish watery kind ....I burp her every time I feed her and she does burp a lot and loud and I feed her every 3to 4hours .... Yea ima call the pediatrician tomorrow hopefully they could do something to help my lil one :) and thanx all of yall for yalls advice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured