Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much crying is normal?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first question. My son is 12 weeks old and I love him more than life. My problem is he cries soooo much. He's happy in the morning for about half an hour then he becomes fussy. Throughout the day he changes between smiling and laughing and crying and screaming at the top of his lungs. He'll be happy then suddenly dissolve for no apparent reason. I don't want to call the doctor for something that is normal or he'll just grow out of, how much crying is normal at this age? Shouls I be worried? Thank you for any help you can give me!

by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Could be a spirited baby. My first DD was especially this way! Google the term
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassie19831
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Crying is pretty normal. The only time to worry about say colic is if it's always at exactly the same time every night specifically after feedings. Newborns typically cry when they are borde, wet, hungry, cold, tired, ect. It will get better and they start to play and smile. He will defiantly get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbmkfo03
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say it's normal. Do you notice a pattern? Like he cries after each feeding or cries before nap time? If it's after eating he could be gassy, if it's before nap time he could just be really tired.

Squirrel1309
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Thank you Ladies,

He definately cries when he's tired, he fights sleeping and gets himself worked up then we have to try to calm him down to a point where he will allow himself to sleep. 

We went through colic (8pm-12 nightly for a month,) and thought things would improve after we made it through that, however it feels more like the crying has just spread itself throughout the day.

Cocopalmer
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM
It could be his formula, check with your pediatrician.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Babies cry, ie's one of their few sources of communication

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured