Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Anyone else having trouble at bath time?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM
  • 26 Replies

My 21 month old daughter screams and cries every time I go to wash her hair. It is such a struggle that i sometimes dont wash it for 2-3 days. I feel like such a horrible parent becuase of it. If anyone is having this problem or has had this same issue please tell me what you did to help them over come it. Thanks

Kaylee

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Unless she is rolling in mud every day, her hair does not need to be washed every day. I would do it every 2 days for my dd even when she had hair down past her shoulders.  Perhaps have her learn how to dump water over her own head to make it more fun.

Ninjabubble
by Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM
My 4 month old HATES water. If he heard the bath running or even the faucet he flips out!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Try putting a visor on her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM
My youngest was like that at that age. I wish I had some advice but for us it was just a matter of me being more stubborn than her. I tried covering her eyes with a cloth, this rinse cup that blocked the water from getting on her face, etc. nada... She would scream and fight. She has very slowly gotten better and now she just accepts that it has to happen. She is 6 now. Sorry mama! But I feel ya! And the pp is right, she doesn't need her hair washed everyday, most likely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:55 PM
My daughter tried that i just held her down she learned she wasnt winning and stoped;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JJSMOMMYxox
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:55 PM

My son screams and cries bloody murder saying IM SO SORRY like it's torture.

cawmom
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM
My 6 year old is still like that, I don't care now its not a choice. All I have to do is tell them its shower day and he starts to cry
MilesOfSmiles7
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM
My 11 month old tries to stand up during his bath all of the time now. It is terrifying. I'm so afraid he's going to slip and fall but he locks his knees so you can't sit him down. It's driving me crazy but the only thing I've found that helps is being super quick. In and out. No play time in the bath until he grows out of this habit which will hopefully be soon! I know this doesn't help you but you are not alone in the bathtime hell department! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aslynnrachael
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:05 PM

my 16 month old loves bath time. except the hair washing process. she loves putting the shampoo on herself and scrub scrub scrub it in. but when it comes to rinsing she freaks out and hates it. it makes me so sad :( and it scares me because she stands up and trys getting out and slips all over the place. i have tried getting her to get the cup and rinse herself off, but all she does is try and drink the water, i hate that so i gave up on that. i usually use a rag to get the majority of the soap out and then get a cup and just rinse it real quick. sometimes when my boyfriend is around i have him lay her down in the water just enough so i can rinse her hair super fast and she cant try and climb out. ive been meaning to get a visor for her though

Quoting izzymommy1:

My 21 month old daughter screams and cries every time I go to wash her hair. It is such a struggle that i sometimes dont wash it for 2-3 days. I feel like such a horrible parent becuase of it. If anyone is having this problem or has had this same issue please tell me what you did to help them over come it. Thanks

Kaylee

lovemybaby283
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

mine did that. When they didn't like to lay back I turned the faucet on and leaned them into it to rinse their hair. When that freaked them out I resorted to 'the waterfall' I got a cup and would yell 'WATERFALL!!' and pour water over them to get the soap out. This they loved and it was fun for everyone. We still do this, but not as much, and not to rinse hair. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)