Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Speech Therapist Illinois-Chicago Area

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

Any recommendations for a speech therapist in Chicago area (suburbs)? My son (just over two) has been diagnosed as having expressive language delay.

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
peanutsmommy1
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Check with your insurance for approved providers
He should also qualify for early intervention services
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredtoddlermom
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I did look into early intervention, but the process would have taken weeks just to get started. So I opted to start him at a local hospital, but it is simply too expensive (300 per hour). Insurance will not cover speech therapy.

peanutsmommy1
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I guess I am confused as to why you are looking for reccomendations then. That is going to be a pretty standard out of pocket rate unfortunately
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredtoddlermom
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I am looking for a new place, the hospital where we are going is too expensive. I have found other places that run about 100 an hour. But there are many of them, I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback about places they went. Communication Clubhouse, Milestones for Kids among others.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Im not in your area so I cannot be of help, but I have been in your shoes before and you should absolutely fill out the forms to get ECI started. I know the process is a long one, but unless you are prepared to take on the expense of private care, because like you said, insurance doesnt cover speech therapies, ECI is your best option. Speech therapy is a long process and can be extremely expensive. Once  you are in ECI then you can get a recommendation for PPCD or a similar program in your public school when he is 3 or 4 depending on your state. He will then receive speech therapy as part of his IEP.

tiredtoddlermom
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Is there an income requirement for EI?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN