Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Can dogs be vindictive?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'm asking because my dog peed on my $4,000 bed last Friday night.

The bed is 4 years old.

Friday night my SO and I left our dog home alone and before we left we made sure he went outside to pee and then we left him inside the house. 

We didn't get back until around 8am and we came home just long enough to let our dog out and made sure he had water and food. then we got dressed and then left again.

it wasn't until saturday evening that i realized he peed on our bed. he's never peed on our bed before. never, never. he's peed in the house while he was in the process of being potty trained but never on our bed.

it wasn't just a little pee, enough to mark his territory, or anything like that. it was a nice big pee, like he was relieving his bladder type pee.

so was he peeing on our bed out of spite?

he's 13 months old. he turned a year old the day after father's day.

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AleaKat
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes i do believe! My dogs have fone this when i didnt let them straight out in the morning like if i stopped to brush my teeth first they will pee right infront of me.im convinced it is an F U!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

i think they can be.  i had a dog when i was a kid that used to chew up my toys and stuffed animals anytime i went out of town.  then she would tip over my laundry basket and make a bed out of all my dirty clothes.

KimmyShaw
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say yes. I could swear my German Sheppard would go after certain things if she was upset with me.

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes dogs will do that. It sucks but hey means they love you and never want you to leave them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Dogs live in the now. Therefore dogs are not vindictive and do not hold grudges like humans do. That being said, if you dog pees inappropriately you have probably let them down somewhere along the way. You have probably not taken care of their needs. They had to somehow and the result is often not to our liking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)