Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

any one take or has took paxil?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM
  • 11 Replies
I was recently prescribed paxil for my anxiaty. I haven't taken it yet because I don't like taking medication, especially if I'm not familiar with it. I'm doing research on the web and also looking up more natural things that might help. Has anyone taken it? What was tour experience with it? Has anyone found any other things that might help anxiaty or panic disorder? And advice or suggestions are very appreciated! Thanx all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megan11587
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I have taken it.  I've tried several different medications for anxiety and paxil worked the best, however, with some people, weight gain becomes an issue.  I had to stop because I could not lose weight.  I would try it, and make sure you eat healthy and exercise regularly.  If you have the weight issues, try something else.  I'm currently on Zoloft & Viibryd.  They work well, too.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM
I Recommend using lavender, or a blend called Serenity and Elevation essential oils. These are wonderful, you can simply inhale, or massage onto your back, feet, and hands. Let me know if you'd like more info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdavidgreer
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Thanx! I'm really trying to consider all my options carefully. Im also waiting on blood work to come back because Im also gaining waight now and am thinking i might have a thyroid problem. I was border line before my baby so its time to check again. I might have to wait for the blood work because I don't want to he unhealthy over weight. Thanx for your info!

Quoting Megan11587:

I have taken it.  I've tried several different medications for anxiety and paxil worked the best, however, with some people, weight gain becomes an issue.  I had to stop because I could not lose weight.  I would try it, and make sure you eat healthy and exercise regularly.  If you have the weight issues, try something else.  I'm currently on Zoloft & Viibryd.  They work well, too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdavidgreer
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM
I would love more info! I also get anxious about having to take pills so if there's any possible way I can controll ny anxiaty naturally I would love to try it, thanx!

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

I Recommend using lavender, or a blend called Serenity and Elevation essential oils. These are wonderful, you can simply inhale, or massage onto your back, feet, and hands. Let me know if you'd like more info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM
I will send you a message :)

Quoting mrsdavidgreer:

I would love more info! I also get anxious about having to take pills so if there's any possible way I can controll ny anxiaty naturally I would love to try it, thanx!

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I am on the border of hypothyroidism as well.  If you get that treated your anxiety/depression symptoms may go away completely.

Quoting mrsdavidgreer:

Thanx! I'm really trying to consider all my options carefully. Im also waiting on blood work to come back because Im also gaining waight now and am thinking i might have a thyroid problem. I was border line before my baby so its time to check again. I might have to wait for the blood work because I don't want to he unhealthy over weight. Thanx for your info!

Quoting Megan11587:

trulyblessed618
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I've taken all types and one day my insurance ran out and I got very ill suffering from diarrhea and dehydration and had to be hospitalized because I had to suddenly stop taking my meds. I have learned to realize I'm not always in control of things and now do natural therapy such as massage accu puncture and exercise.....it eventually worked for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdavidgreer
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Really? I didn't know that. That would be awsome! I know for sure my hormone are off balance when I got pregnant with my 2 year old ds my anxiaty got worse but after I had him him got a lot better. Then I got pregnant again but eneded up having a miscarriage at almost 3months and my hormones still are very crazy. That happened in February. Sorry if I'm sharing to much. My counselor says it will help if I talk about it more and its definitely way easier talking to people who I don't know.

Quoting Megan11587:

I am on the border of hypothyroidism as well.  If you get that treated your anxiety/depression symptoms may go away completely.

Quoting mrsdavidgreer:

Quoting Megan11587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Oh, no problem.  Look up the symptoms of hypothyroidism.  The only reason I know that is I went to my doctor to try to increase my dosage of the medication and because of that they did a blood panel.  Apparently hypothyroidism can imitate depression & anxiety.

Mine was on the border, but I was 4 months PP at that point, so they said that the pregnancy could be the cause.  I have to go back in about 4 more months to see if it leveled off again.  Ask your doctor if that is a blood test you should consider taking.

Quoting mrsdavidgreer:

Really? I didn't know that. That would be awsome! I know for sure my hormone are off balance when I got pregnant with my 2 year old ds my anxiaty got worse but after I had him him got a lot better. Then I got pregnant again but eneded up having a miscarriage at almost 3months and my hormones still are very crazy. That happened in February. Sorry if I'm sharing to much. My counselor says it will help if I talk about it more and its definitely way easier talking to people who I don't know.

Quoting Megan11587:

Quoting mrsdavidgreer:

Quoting Megan11587:

mrsdavidgreer
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
That was included in the tests they ran. Hopefully it will come back soon. I'm almost hoping thats the case. Maybe I will be able to feel normal again! Thank you, I feel like there's hope!

Quoting Megan11587:

Oh, no problem.  Look up the symptoms of hypothyroidism.  The only reason I know that is I went to my doctor to try to increase my dosage of the medication and because of that they did a blood panel.  Apparently hypothyroidism can imitate depression & anxiety.

Mine was on the border, but I was 4 months PP at that point, so they said that the pregnancy could be the cause.  I have to go back in about 4 more months to see if it leveled off again.  Ask your doctor if that is a blood test you should consider taking.

Quoting mrsdavidgreer:

Quoting Megan11587:

Quoting mrsdavidgreer:

Quoting Megan11587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)