Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

So excited for Christmas!!! I know it's early but...

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM
  • 16 Replies
I am already starting Christmas shopping very very soon! I have a 3 year old son(will be four in march) and a one year old daughter... I want to get ds the leap pad or something similar(he will be so freaking stoked!) but I havent a clue as to what to get dd yet... Any ideas for either one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:56 AM

all the 3yr old boys i know would love anything to do with cars!! as for the one yr old..she'll probably be most happy with the wrapping paper..lol

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this

BOOKS, puzzles, megabloks if she doesnt already have them, a new cuddle toy.  1 year olds are so easy , they are usually happy just unwrapping a present, no toy needed to be inside of the box LOL.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 3:19 AM

If you want a leap frog product this one i would suggest.  My dd who is 6 says she wants it even though she is too old. ...... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3719288

KristiSue81
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Water table!!! They are so awesome for that age group! I used to teach in an early preschool class (13-18 months) and that was their favorite activity. You can fill them with paper, felt, balls.... Endless activities! And they are about $40 at Walmart and amazon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 3:25 AM
My daughter got one of these at 8 months for her first Christmas and at 2 1/2 still loves it. The only problem is she will get off to do something in public and I wont be paying much attention to it until I look down and discover a stranger's kid sitting on it who I am pushing away from the parents. Yikes sorry! It just draws kids.
http://www.amazon.com/Step2-Push-Around-Buggy-Red/dp/B00000IZEM/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1348212183&sr=1-1&keywords=little+tikes+push+car
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrennaLyons
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:50 AM

The Leap Pad is excellent! Definitely a winner.

Have you ever seen the Little Leap? That would be a good companion toy for your daughter.

Another good one is this electronic toy that has a map of the world. The children can touch major countries and (depending on what you have set on it at the time), hear music from there, hear someone saying "Hello" or "Good morning" or something in that language, the name of the country and its capital... It's much cooler and more advanced than the old animal spinner thing, IMO.

I also agree with the water table, but make sure they can't tip it.

Also building blocks, books, a box of old clothes from the thirft store for dress ups, puzzles... Basically, I'm naming the most popular toys we had in the preschool classrooms.

Baybeelove88
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Ds already has the scout one, I want to get violet for dd but she may still be a bit young... Maybe not though I'll check it out, thanks!!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

If you want a leap frog product this one i would suggest.  My dd who is 6 says she wants it even though she is too old. ...... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3719288

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baybeelove88
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Sweet! Thanks so much! Very helpful!

Quoting frndlyfn:

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=10811241&ab=TRU_Header:Utility3:Age:12-24-Months:  For all the toys suggested in this age range.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baybeelove88
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Lots of awesome ideas! Thanks for the help:)

Quoting BrennaLyons:

The Leap Pad is excellent! Definitely a winner.

Have you ever seen the Little Leap? That would be a good companion toy for your daughter.

Another good one is this electronic toy that has a map of the world. The children can touch major countries and (depending on what you have set on it at the time), hear music from there, hear someone saying "Hello" or "Good morning" or something in that language, the name of the country and its capital... It's much cooler and more advanced than the old animal spinner thing, IMO.

I also agree with the water table, but make sure they can't tip it.

Also building blocks, books, a box of old clothes from the thirft store for dress ups, puzzles... Basically, I'm naming the most popular toys we had in the preschool classrooms.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN