Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:09 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have a friend who's wife just had a baby about two months ago. While she was pregnant his mom moved across the country so she could be part of her grandchilds life. She lives with them for the moment. The baby is now about two months old. About two weeks after the baby was born he wanted to know if I had trouble with my mother in law holding the baby. I said no, but I know some new moms do, so it didn't seem all that weird to me. My husband talked to him tonight and it seems that it is still a problem. But the only person that she dosnt want to let hold the baby is his mom. She let's neighbors, doctors, friends hold thr baby, just not his mom. He's literally stuck in the middle, cuz no matter who he sticks up for, its going to piss the other off. I have no witty advice for him. So if any one could give me some advice to foreward it would be appreciated.
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ExquisiteMomof2
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:12 AM
First Baby I assume? Maybe there was bad blood between them. Ask him if there is. If so they have to resolve that before she will fell comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:17 AM
Not selfish our mean if there's a legit train behind it. To this day I wig out if hubbys dad or step mom want to hold either of my boys. His step mom was NOT nice to is during our pregnancy. In fact she told us she hoped we miscarried, and that I didn't deserve to be a mother, and that we stole her other sons (her bio son with hubbys dad) thunder, whose baby mama was already four months pregnant when we found out we were pregnant. They were underage, hubs and I have been together for over a decade.

However hubs mom and step dad, I'm totally 100% secure and happy to have them hold either boy. She's like a mom to me.

Quoting halliebug:

Tell her to stop being a litttle twit about it and let grandma hold the damn baby! How selfish and mean can you get?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cursethedawn69
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:24 AM
that was the first thing I asked him was if their were any issues between his mom and his wife. He said she's told him she has no problem with his mom. His mom isn't like, stick her nose in where it dosnt belong type. All she wants is to hold the baby.
CoeyG
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:01 PM

He should stick up for his wife, she is the mother of his child and in the vows it says "forsaking all others", his loyalties since the day he got married are supposed to be with his wife, not his mother.  If his mother gets pissed then that is her problem.  She is living in their home so if she didn't like it I guess she would have to move. 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I was like that with everyone when my daughter was little. But that is just wrong singling out her MIL. Do you know why she has such a discord for her/?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)