Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM
  • 55 Replies

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spizzarks1978
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM

My DD loves her veggies, She did a dance last night over corn on the cob.  The only thing i have a hard time with her is sweet potatoes, go figure lol

Desirees_mom
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM

DD loves Veggies but at first I had to sneak them in my chopping them up and putting them in whatever I made

MS.BRADSHAW
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:06 PM
My son and daughter love veggies, sometimes they ask for it for breakfastt they love veggies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM

When introducing a new veggie, I would make them look appealing, and always put them on my plate and not theirs.  When they would ask about it, I would tell them, oh, you wouldn't want this.  It's for grown ups.  And of course then they wanted it.  So I would let them be a little persistent, and then I would "give in" and let them try it.  I would say, well I'll give you a taste, but these are for grown ups so I don't think you'll want more.  And then they would say, no, we want more.  So I'd let them have it.

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM
When my kids were babies we went through every veg imaginable before introducing anything sweet. So they got a taste for it. As they grew I never forced them but did require they try and only rarely did I meet resistance. Now at 6 and 10 they love veggies nearly all of them. Neither likes sweet potatoes but neither do I and I don't push it. One veggie they don't like? I'll take it! Their favorite nights are when I make a giant salad with all kinds of leafy greens and extra veg chopped up. Or vegitarian lasagna. They love to explore the farm stands with me. The kids I know who are picky picky have parents who from day one would be all "oh they won't try this or that, they must eat, I'll just make them nuggets or hot dogs" or whatever. Bad precident to set IMO!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Cheese sauce makes everything taste good.  Also deep frying them with ranch is good.

jmfora1
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM

For sauces like spaghetti, I would puree a small portion for my son to have on his noodles. It still had the nutritious veggies in it without the obvious chunks that my son would pick out. The same went for veggie heavy soups too.

bergencounty
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:43 AM

By checking out their website for some really good recipes.                            Here is one: http://greengiant.com/recipes/search/Recipe-Collections_Dinner%20Made%20Easy

This Mexican-inspired dish features ingredients loved in all cultures: cheese, pasta and corn!

Southwest Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:

• 2 1/3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni or cavatappi pasta (8 ounces)
  • 1 cup Old El Paso® salsa (any variety)
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 can (14.75 ounces) Green Giant® cream-style corn
  • 1 can (11 ounces) Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers
  • 8 ounces process cheese product loaf, cubed

Instructions:

1. Mix all ingredients except cheese in 12-inch nonstick skillet. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat.
  2. Cover and simmer 10 to 14 minutes, stirring frequently, until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese until melted.
Vilma07
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM
My daughter loves to eat green beans, shes funny on eating other vegetables though. As long as she sees me eat them she will try them & I tell her it's good for her tummy. Or I tell her that it helps her become a big girl & she will be able to play with mommys game. (xbox) :-)
qqhotplay
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM

start them young as babies. calling broc. trees. both my kids love their veggies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)