Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

He's so upset :(

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 23 Replies
My 3mo old is crying like he's in pain... I love that he loves snuggling with me more than anyone else but I can't stand that he's hurting. He screams when he cries and my family things he's hungry cause he's "sucking", well he's not sucking. I believe he's trying to bring relief to his gums. I think for the passed two months he's been terthing.
No teeth yet but he gums my knuckles, side of my hands, his hands and his little cupcake chewer.

I try to feed him but he just let's my nipple sit in his mouth for 5min before he falls asleep. Comfort or relief, I don't know what he's doing but he'd rather me hold him than anyone else while he acts like he's in pain..
Any idea?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Could be an ear infection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Or bellyache (gas).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyrebecca
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Couldn't be gas with his farty little butt and he burps real big after feedings. He doesn't pull up his legs like a tummy ache. An ear infection? How could I tell without calling dr? I don't want to call just yet...I don't feel like I need to just yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Could be teething. My daughter got her first 2 teeth at 3 months old. An amber teething necklace was my lifesaver!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Might be teething, get a couple of teething rings you can freeze.  along with baby anbesol.  If it's an ear ache you won't know until you take him to a doctor.  And then again it could be colic.  

Nenasam
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Gas pain maybe, colic, or just call his doctor if he cries for long times and nothing seem to sooth him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyrebecca
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Whats that?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Could be teething. My daughter got her first 2 teeth at 3 months old. An amber teething necklace was my lifesaver!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derari
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Quoting mommyrebecca:

Couldn't be gas with his farty little butt and he burps real big after feedings. He doesn't pull up his legs like a tummy ache. An ear infection? How could I tell without calling dr? I don't want to call just yet...I don't feel like I need to just yet.

EaR infections usually have fever by the time the baby's are crying due to the pain...
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Google it. The resin the the amber goes into the skin and has natural pain relief. Works wonders!

Quoting mommyrebecca:

Whats that?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laineylarue
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM
I was thinking colic or reflux maybe...does he drool a lot? My oldest so very unhappy because he had reflux :(

Quoting Nenasam:

Gas pain maybe, colic, or just call his doctor if he cries for long times and nothing seem to sooth him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN