Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

HELP! I might be pregnant with an IUD!

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hey, my name is Kyla. I need some advice. I believe I am pregnant with an IUD. I have taken several tests, but they were negative, just as they were with my daughter for the first twelve weeks of that pregnancy. I have no medical insurance, and I'm very worried. Does anyone have any advice? Or, is there anyone who has had and IUD pregnancy, or who has had trouble with false negative pregnancy tests in the past?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Call a doctor, if you are pregnant the IUD will have to be removed.  That is unless you want to have a miscarriage (spontaneous abortion)and run the risk of needing a hysterectomy.  Yeah you will just have to pay for the office visit 

Ashley_3
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Call Doc ASAP....I got pregnant with an IUD and didn't know it til I miscarried a 9 week old fetus. The doc can do a blood test that will show as early as 3 weeks along and that way you know for sure and can take the proper measures. Good Luck

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Try a blood test and call your dr.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

HappyMama93
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Well I currently have an appointment with the local Planned Parenthood for a consultation and a blood test, so hopefully that will get me somewhere, Thank you.

HappyMama93
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I have been very worried. I just want everything to be alright. I appreciate the help everyone.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Sep. 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM

There are free clinics that will do urine tests, but I would go to a planned parenthood and tell them that you think you might be pregnant with an IUD. But if you aren't having a period, that is usually the reaction to IUD's....why do you think you are pregnant? 

aasmith88
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Hello, I'm actually having the same issue and have an OBGYN appt tomorrow.

I'm having the same symptoms as my first pregnancy, only this time I'm leaking colostrum from my breasts, lower belly ache, HPT came back negative. I had already made an appointment to have it removed tomorrow, but called the nurse hotline about my symptoms, they told me to wait that the IUD can't cause my symptoms.. Does that mean I'm prego? It took 4 tests before it was positive with my first (didn't show positive till 2 months along). My fiancé is appearing not worried and keeps saying I'm not prego.. But I've had continues dreams that I was (before major symptoms), maybe I'm having a delusional pregnancy? ... I want to go into the ER but don't want to be overreacting and waste the doctors time. -- wish I would just had this removed a long time ago..

Oh and I also have had a total of 4 cysts with the IUD.. Sharp shooting pain with thick bloody discharge.. That Is not the case this time.. 

I hope everything works out for you! Please make sure you get into a doctor.. And make yourself heard.. If you want a test done get it! Best wishes! 

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

You have to go see a doctor, clinic or PP in your area, the IUD has to be removed it can cause very serious problems if you are in fact pregnant.

CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Go to your doctor, they will have to remove the IUD if you are pregnant

darcibeisheim
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

the mirena is known to have pregnancy symptoms as a side effect.. I constantly think I am pregnant and am keeping EPT in bussiness...lol... but if you think you are pregnant, you need to find out for sure asap...

Periwinkle Awareness RibbonEsophageal Atresia Awareness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN