Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car accident question

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 28 Replies

I was in a car accident on Saturday. It was his fault and he was sited with improper lane change. My question is, there was a very nice man who witnessed the accident and he took the time to write down his information so they could contact him as a witness. I didn't thank him. I was so upset (I have never been in an accident) and on the phone with 911 that I just took it and asked the operator if he needed to stay. I never said thank you. I feel SO bad :( After this is all over, would it be weird to contact him just to say Thanks?

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tea4Tas
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

It is perfectly correct to say thank you-I would suggest a card if you have his address, rather than a phone call.

piwife
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM
I don't think it would be
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Did he leave a number or address or what?
Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I think it would be very nice to say thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM

You can ask your insurance agent if it would be appropriate to contact him or if they say you shouldn't you can ask them to thank him from you.  Hope you weren't hurt.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM

The police report has his address and phone number. 

Quoting terpmama:

Did he leave a number or address or what?

agrisham13mom
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I don't think that would be weird at all I think he would appreciate a thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I had a shoulder injury from hitting the door. But I am thankful my daughter wasn't with me and that I wasn't hurt worse. If the window would have been up, I would have cracked my head on it. 

Quoting jabs54:

You can ask your insurance agent if it would be appropriate to contact him or if they say you shouldn't you can ask them to thank him from you.  Hope you weren't hurt.

wodntulk2kno1
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Not at all! I understand that at that moment there was so much going on. A simple thank you to him now would be a nice thing to do. Not alot if people would think of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM
You should send him a thank you card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured