Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

PIOG - Flu Vaccine

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 2 Replies

I'm not posting this as a debate. If you are anti-vaccination, that's fine, I don't care, but I'm not looking for your opinions and will not respond to them.

For those that have given their children a flu shot, have you had any issues with giving an infant over the age of 6 months a flu shot? My doctor's office said 6 months is safe, but I just want to get your opinions.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM

If the ped says it's safe, then it's safe. There are risks with any vaccination, however, so it's a personal choice. That said, my niece and nephew have had flu shots every year since before they were 1, and they've never had any issues.

Join us in the Kids' Health Group!

-PB
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM

My dd has never had issues with the flu shot.  She just turned 3 and at her 3 year well visit they did the flu mist instead (only approved for 2 years and up) which is a live virus.  She had a stuffy nose for about a day and a half afterwards but that was it.  The stuffy nose may or may not have been due to the flu mist but I don't see that as a big deal either way and would actually prefer that she have the mist instead of the shot going forward because its painless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)