Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 3: Make new friends!

Posted by   + Show Post

Make new friends! Don't let new friendship opportunities pass you by. Next time you are getting along really well with someone, get their phone number, email, or social media contact so you can gain a new friendship!

Are you looking to expand your social circle? Do you ever feel an instant connection with someone who you think could make a good friend?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Replies (21-30):
skippette14
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I just recently connected with a new neighbor. We seem to have lots in commen. We walk the kids to school together and talk. I also watch her daughter on the 2 mornings she works

I try to get contact info when I hit it off with someone :)
Dardenella
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Not often unfortunately.  There are volunteer opotunities where we are all friendly but our ages a so widely apart that  ther is little connection.

Millertime77
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Literally the only friend that I have is my husband.  I would love to have a close female friend, but the ones I've made are just keeping up with the joneses and are fake.  Oh well!

MamisAngels
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I have been working on expanding my social circle. The past few weeks I have met some really nice people who I've made instant connections with. Most times it's things we share in common or just a good conversation topic that will get the connection going.

I usually keep my business cards on me. It's great for promoting my business but I also find it's a simple way to exchange contact info. I have my Name, Phone #, email address & website on it. If they don't have a card, I ask to save their phone number or email on my iPhone, and I ask what's the best way to get in touch. From there we can stay in contact by phone, text or email, whichever they prefer.

Read my Beauty Blog

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I've recently made a new friend through my daughter's school. I get very shy and nervous around new people.

Janet
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Sometimes I do. I am just so shy.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM
I have been making aquaintences at my new job (been here 2 mos). And Im trying to make some friends elsewhere too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Seems like each season of the kids sports I make a few new friends.  The teams change and I'm meeting other moms. 

PEEK05
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I'm fine with where I'm at, but I don't mind meeting new people.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I think I have a chance at a friendship with a lady I talked with a few weeks ago. We exchanged email addies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)