Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 3: Make new friends!

Posted by   + Show Post

Make new friends! Don't let new friendship opportunities pass you by. Next time you are getting along really well with someone, get their phone number, email, or social media contact so you can gain a new friendship!

Are you looking to expand your social circle? Do you ever feel an instant connection with someone who you think could make a good friend?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Replies (31-40):
lynntrippin
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I always try to sieze the moment if I feel a connection with a mom at a playground or whatever.  Especially if our kids are the same age.  It is so much nicer if the kids can play, then we get a chance to have "adult" conversations.  Get that cell phone out and take a number!

SparklingHope
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I would, but right now things are complicated in certain areas.. so I'm content with just the people that I know. . DH & I are trying to schedule a day to hang out with this other couple that has 1 kid from church too though, but schedules have been crazy. Hopefully soon! 

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Those connections are few and far between for me, so when I feel that connection, I go for it. My last really great connection was my hubby.  I've had one more and we are still friends, but its not  an everyday connection like hubby and I's connection.  Although, we've been friends for 17 yrs. We met right after hubby and I met.  We don't live anywhere close to each other and our lives are not the same so its hard to communicate but we've managed to get through all that and stay good friends these 17 yrs.  I would love to find a friend that I could actually hang with once in awhile. :) 

undefined

ShhhItsASecret
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
I don't have friends. I think I like to keep it that way.
pandamom268
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I just reached out and told someone "Hey, we get along. Our daughters are friends. We should go for coffee or a drink sometime!". Needless to say, she was polite but acted like I was nuts! I get that reaction a lot when I try to make a new friend but I keep trying anyway. Life is short, why not go for it? I met my bff by forcing my friendship upon her, LOL!

ridered
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM

There is a women that works at the post office and I know we could be good friends.  I will start by asking her to be friends on facebook  ....hopefully I can come up with something to say!  hahahahah

Shalavee
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I do go ahead and reach out. And the odds are fifty fifty. I've befriended a few nut jobs. And then I went through a break through with realizing I was trying to fix everyone. Now I'm acquiring friends who really are an addition to my world. And I will continue, carefully, to reach out.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:46 PM
I do need to expand my circle, im planning on going to the local bf meeting in town, just havent managed, think ill put more effort in to the edcison with some follow through.
NoShame116
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I am now more guarded than I used to be. I am very careful of who I let into my circle. But if I find someone who I connect with, I am willing to five it a try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:53 PM
I'm really not looking to expand my social circle right now. If it happens it happens, but right now I feel like I'm too poor to have friends and I can't drive so there's another con. I always feel like such a huge burden when I meet people. I hate getting asked to do stuff because I NEVER can. I do feel like I read people well and have felt an instant compatibility before though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN