Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

i want to make that !

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 8 Replies
Alright ladies, I want to make home projects with my two boys . One is five and the other is ten , that don't cost much but, it is fun to do. You have any ideas for me please ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

tie-dye tshirts, bird feeders (pine cone or 2liter bottle kind are easy and inexpensive), bird houses, sand art (glue, sand, paper, bottles, chalk/dye if you have just plain sand and not already colored sand) search pinterest, you'll be amazed!

http://www.jugglingwithkids.com/2011/08/fireworks-in-glass.html that site has lots of neat stuff

LexRi0709
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids (5 and 3) and I just made a family tree from our handprints. We traced them on construction paper. I need to glue them on a poster board still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

pinterest has a lot of great ideas...but me?? nope, i dont have a creative bone in my body.. :)

marisab
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

good start call the local headstart/early headstart an in rols ull get alotta ideas there....lil kids are ha[py with simple projects ,,,like have ecveryone in the family make colorful hands z((draw out everyones in familys hands on construction paper) then paste on a tree your drawout and u have an autimn familty tree that u can even update as years go

caro100
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM

You can go to the leather shop for the 10 year old for some lacing projects, wallets and such.  He can make some wallets for the grandpas, and different items.  You can also get some precut wood projects that you just have to sand and paint that aren't taht expensive. With autumn here and leaves changing colors, my boys like collecting leaves and pressing them to preserve them in wax paper.  Have fun with your boys.  

justme91755
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I find boys like movement and noise.  try making simple musical instruments and invite their friends for a band practice.  Rubber bands, toilet paper tubes, wax paper, beans  and some empty pop cans or oatmeal boxes.  Mobiles and wind chimes are also popular and can be given to grandparents as gifts.  you can use pictures they take or draw for the mobiles(or their class pictures)  and wind chimes can be made from old silverware or copper pipes and fittings.  String projects making designs by wrapping the strings around nails in a board to make a design ( see string art online)Making kites and boys can sew too.  Making pillows for pillow fights or lounging in front of the TV.  You can help make simple quilts with fleece and you tie the sides.  These can be gifts or donations to a local charity for winter

imgnabamommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM

there are thousands of ideas on pinterest!

ida123
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:18 AM
I am not creative..but i like to help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN