Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Child walked during sex time.

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 17 Replies
My daughter is 4 and she walked in on me and my husband having sex what should I do!?!?!
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RAJ88
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

if she asks questions just tell her you were cuddling.. they dont understand much at that age to do with sex... or at least shouldnt.. lol funny awkward moment, hopefully she doesnt remember it...

robyann
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:47 PM
3 moms liked this

It's ok don't stress. If she asks just  tell her you were wrestling or something, lol. When my ds was 3 he peeked in on us. I went out and asked him what mommy and daddy were doing , he said "a rockin' and a rollin'" lol

gardengirl23
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM

don't worry about it.  what did you do or say when it happened?

CoeyG
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:37 PM

My daughter crawled ito bed while her father and I were "ejjoying" each other.  I didn't notice she was there until we were done.  I looked at her and asked her what the matter was..."I'm hungry" ...so I got up and fixed her breakfast.  

Anjlmom32
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM

My daughter's recently barged in on me and my husband. We thought the door was locked, but apparently it hadn't latched right. One is 9 the other is 4. All they saw was us kissing covered up with blankets, but still...AWKWARD. I'm not concerned about the 4 year old, but the 9 year old know's more than she's letting on. Cuz now, everytime we say it's bed time, she says "Yea, cuz mama and daddy want to kiss!" I'm so embarrassed and afraid to to anything now while my kids are awake!! I'm sure it's normal, but still very awkward. embarrassed

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

i wouldnt stress to much.  4yr olds dont know what that is..so..she probably just thinks ya'll were wrestling.  :)

cara124
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Relax at that age I don't think she knows what was going on but if she asks tell her you where cuddling ..... Big deal NO..... Embarrassing YES....LOL
JuliannaRenee
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Quoting Anjlmom32:

My daughter's recently barged in on me and my husband. We thought the door was locked, but apparently it hadn't latched right. One is 9 the other is 4. All they saw was us kissing covered up with blankets, but still...AWKWARD. I'm not concerned about the 4 year old, but the 9 year old know's more than she's letting on. Cuz now, everytime we say it's bed time, she says "Yea, cuz mama and daddy want to kiss!" I'm so embarrassed and afraid to to anything now while my kids are awake!! I'm sure it's normal, but still very awkward. embarrassed

That is embarrassing and awkward but did you ever talk to the 9 year old about it? I feel like at that age it's ok to talk about somethings so that she doesn't eventually go to friends in the years to come to learn things. Just my opinion. I completely get its embarrassing. :/
Anjlmom32
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Oh absolutely I talked to her. I have talked to her about "tv scenes too", that she got glimpses of surfing
Thru channels, explaining that they are kissing and cuddling. I explained when two ADULTS are so very much in love like me and daddy, that we like to be alone so we can kiss and cuddle. That it is NOT ok for children to act in that way until they grow up into adults too. And I have had the "good touch/bad touch" talk with both of my girls...age appropriate...several times. Still makes it awkward that she caught us in the act. :/
Quoting JuliannaRenee:

Quoting Anjlmom32:

That is embarrassing and awkward but did you ever talk to the 9 year old about it? I feel like at that age it's ok to talk about somethings so that she doesn't eventually go to friends in the years to come to learn things. Just my opinion. I completely get its embarrassing. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuliannaRenee
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Quoting Anjlmom32:

That's good. :) for some reason it sounded like you were avoiding talking to her about it. The embarassment may pass... Maybe. But walking in on anything awkward seems to stick around in our memories. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN