Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I can't even pee with the door closed!!!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 120 Replies

So I spend all day every day with my 15 month old. I am a sahm so he does not go to daycare. He is having some serious seperation anxiety! I can't leave a room for a second without him getting upset! Is he just spoiled to being with me? Should I just let him cry? Any advice for a mom who is quite frustrated???

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM
7 moms liked this

This is normal and it will pass. Be patient. *hugs*

Smilely08
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM
2 moms liked this
My 2 year old is the exact same way he goes everywhere I do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Welcome to my life. It gets better? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystal-boyd
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Haha i say that all the time. " Can't i just pee in peace". My three yr old still wont let me go ne where alone . She doent have fits nemore but its still very annoying.. " mom mom mom wat u doin wat u doin" . Im tryin to piss jezz! .... But ya id just let him cry it out he'll eventually find something to get into and distract himself. (hopefully) ... U cud try pullin out a new toy lik ur pots n pans so he doesn't notice u escaping to the potty.
-PB
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yep.  I couldn't enforce bathroom privacy until my dd started potty training, so around 2 1/2 years old.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM
10 moms liked this

when my daughter did that, i just let her cry...it's not like "i'm gone" for hours..lol..its a minute!!  crying for one minute wont hurt anyone!

bellebear
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Me too same thing!! My son will scream if I pee or do anything without him. Most of the time he comes with me since he is potty training! He goes when I go.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Totally normal.  I couldn't go to the bathroom by myself either when my daughter was that age.  Leave the door open if you two are the only ones home.  He'll out grow it.

Cate1129
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
As long as this is normal and temporary! I will survive! It just sucks not to be able to leave his sight without inciting wailing of dramatic proportions! Lol Thanks for the input ladies! At least I know I'm not alone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I let my daughter cry too. I put one of the safety things on the door handle so she couldn't open the door either.

Quoting alexis_06:

when my daughter did that, i just let her cry...it's not like "i'm gone" for hours..lol..its a minute!!  crying for one minute wont hurt anyone!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)