Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I can't even pee with the door closed!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So I spend all day every day with my 15 month old. I am a sahm so he does not go to daycare. He is having some serious seperation anxiety! I can't leave a room for a second without him getting upset! Is he just spoiled to being with me? Should I just let him cry? Any advice for a mom who is quite frustrated???

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
NannyElin
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

lol going to the bathroom with te door closed is a foreign concept in my world.... lol... which is fine because i think it helps the process of potty training.

what really got me frustrated when dd was that age was the fact that i couldnt take a shower without her screaming at the door, even though her dad was out there with her.

squeekers
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:25 PM

he has to learn it is like the peekaboo game. just because his eyes are closed and he cannot see you, you are not really gone. he will learn, it's just a thing with his age. practice the simple game of hide & go seek of you looking for him at first, and he will learn that even though you are out of eye sight, you and he are still just fine. good luck

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
apoynter
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM
4 moms liked this

Don't worry....it's kind of a requirement for being a SAHM....but eventually, if you keep feeding him ;D he'll grow up to be an independent teenager who avoids you in public at all costs. 

Enjoy it while it lasts.  lesbians

evanasm0m1516
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM

nice to know im not the only 1...let him cry he'll be fine

tbursac777
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:46 PM

completly normal for this age.

timswife_momof2
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM

my daughter is 12 months and she has the same problem, she wants to be all over me all the time. she follows me to the bathroom, the kitchen when i cook she sits on the floor, she follows me everywhere, when i am in the shower she stands with the curtain open and stares at me. and when we go places she just wants me to hold her she doesnt like other people touching her at all. but ya know they are only gonna be clingy for a little while so instead of being mad about it, enjoy it, becuz then they will grow up and not want to be around u as much.

enjoy it!

Venae
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Yes, let him cry.  It won't kill him.  It's just a phase he's going through.  Don't let anyone tell you to put him in daycare to get him over it either - children are supposed to be w/a parent.  He will get over the separation anxiety, I promise!

Pucki
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

He's not spoiled. He's 15 month old. 

prettygirl326
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM

no it's normal for his age. my 22 month old still does it lol. i just say forget it and leave it open. she peeks in and she is ok....now if i close the door, she will bang on it and cry lol. so yeah, i guess it's a phase and they will get over it. at some point i hope.

EvilQueenMommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Me either :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN