Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't even pee with the door closed!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So I spend all day every day with my 15 month old. I am a sahm so he does not go to daycare. He is having some serious seperation anxiety! I can't leave a room for a second without him getting upset! Is he just spoiled to being with me? Should I just let him cry? Any advice for a mom who is quite frustrated???

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Replies (61-70):
Redwall
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM

My first, who was a preemie was the same way....I just took him into the bathroom with me.  Once he had a brother, he wasn't as clingy.

kenleespice
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM

let him cry.if you pat attention to him every time he whines you will never break it,it wont hurt him to cry while you pee,or take a shower,

Tarter22
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:32 PM

My daughter was the same way for a while back them, I just let her cry. It only lasted for a couple weeks after I started closing the door and leaving her alone for a min. Babies have a hard time seeing you leave, but you came break them into it over time with simple, small things. Just make sure to show him you come back everytime you leave and he'll take it better and learn to let you go.

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Yeah it doesn't get better for a while. I seriously have to go upstairs, lock the bedroom & bathroom doors to poop in peace (while DH is home) otherwise my 3.5 yr old DS will barge in saying HE has to go and he will stand there and pee himself if I don't let him use MY bathroom although there are 2 other perfectly good toilets in the house.

My DD will come in and insist to be held/nursed if I'm at home with her alone trying to poop. Lol

It's the life of a mother. You won't pee/poop in peace for a few more years at least.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IBNeaters
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:37 PM

My son is 6 and he still walks in on me!!

hollykins
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Yep, my nephew does the same thing.  I blame the fact that no one let the kid sit and now expects to be carried everywhere

admckenzie
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't close the door with my kids. They saw I was in there and walked out. I peed when they walked away. Don't create his anxiety and your stress.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Lol! im sorry but the title of ur post makes me laugh. I have a 4yr old who doesnt let me pee w the door closed even when my brother or my sisters' df or dh are here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imultracool
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Welcome to motherhood! My 6yr old still walks in while I'm peein. Plus my dogs like to watch for some reason... So yea, a baby, a kid, and 3 dogs in my tiny bathroom while I pee. Good times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy489
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I never shut the door when I peed because that makes them want to come in all the more. If you leave it open, then they take it with a grain of salt and really don't care that you're in there. Another thing, letting kids see you on the john introduces them to potty training.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured