Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I can't even pee with the door closed!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So I spend all day every day with my 15 month old. I am a sahm so he does not go to daycare. He is having some serious seperation anxiety! I can't leave a room for a second without him getting upset! Is he just spoiled to being with me? Should I just let him cry? Any advice for a mom who is quite frustrated???

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Replies (91-100):
Vanderhyde
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM
That is normal I was freaking out too when my son was tha age now he is
2 1/2 and he's fine when I leave to school or go out. He's still clingy but its less now.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I am thankful my son never did that.  A little space is good for both of you.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Coopersmom909
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I'm right there with you. 24/7 with my 19 month old and one just turned 3. My 19 month old doesn't let me out of her sight very often but I don't mind. I also have a 20 year old so I know first-hand that It won't be long before I will be missing having them around all of the time. I take advantage of every minute of it. It does get stressful at times but I remind myself that they are just babies. It's perfectly natural for babies to want their mommas. I look at it as they didn't choose to be here. I wanted them and I'm willing to make whatever sacrifices it takes. Good luck. Hang in there! This phase will pass before you know it.
ravenstears
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM

My daughter is 4 and I have yet to go to the bathroom by myself haha Its not a big deal for me though (though if you had asked me 4 years ago, I would have thought No way, bathroom time is alone time) She'll eventually grow out of it, as will your little one :)

opal10161973
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

It's all I got.  LOL 

opal10161973
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I hear it all time about the age differences with my kids, but you have me beat.  LOL  Mine are 18, 9 and 5. 

Quoting Coopersmom909:

I'm right there with you. 24/7 with my 19 month old and one just turned 3. My 19 month old doesn't let me out of her sight very often but I don't mind. I also have a 20 year old so I know first-hand that It won't be long before I will be missing having them around all of the time. I take advantage of every minute of it. It does get stressful at times but I remind myself that they are just babies. It's perfectly natural for babies to want their mommas. I look at it as they didn't choose to be here. I wanted them and I'm willing to make whatever sacrifices it takes. Good luck. Hang in there! This phase will pass before you know it.

disneyrose
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM

It is a phase, try to be patient, they grow up so fast.  Cherish everything, even this

MikeysMom22
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM

LOL well you told them to close the door, in your post anyway, you didn't mention anything about not coming in by you. LOL

Quoting almondpigeon:

I have 3 little ones that do that!  When they open the bathroom door, I say, "close the door, mommy is trying to pee"...then they COME IN THE BATHROOM & CLOSE THE DOOR.  for all of our sakes, i hope it gets better!

prettymomma1204
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I have a 17 month old. When he and I are the only ones home I just use the bathroom with the door open. He comes and goes since he can clearly see there isn't a party goin on in there =)

BeingJaneAusten
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I have been married for 30 years and i still can not go pee in peace or take naps for that matter! Just get use to it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)