Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Did this Happen to you??

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM
  • 12 Replies
I lost all of my friends after I became pregnant.
I guess they weren't real friends in the first place.
I'm happy I traded people that only care about staying out all night and drinking for someone who will love me forever.
My dd is the best thing that has ever happened to me and when I'm bummed that I can't always go out on Friday night I just think that instead of being hung over on Saturday morning I get to wake up to a beautiful smiling baby who I love with all my heart!
I do want new friends though, I need someone to talk to, have coffee with or a have girls shopping day with!
I'll admit that when I'm at work and women come in together with their babies for lunch or a coffee I do get a little jealous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
turtle07
by Rhiannon on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Same thing happened to me and on top of it i moved 1200 miles away from everyone i knew. It took a long time before i made friends where i live now and i still dont really have many. Hope you can find some new friends soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Yep happened to me too !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imgnabamommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I moved about 400 miles away from all of my friends, made new "friends" got a job and had a baby then those "friends" disappeared...physically I only have my df now, but here on CM, I have made MANY great friends in the Random Thought post and I wouldn't have it any other way, can we get together every week and hang out in person...no, but we can talk every day almost any time of the day via CM, text message, phone, etc. and its so awesome knowing how great MY girls are and that we can always talk!!

A suggestion though is on a day off take your DD to a story time or the park...I have met some people there that are fun to hang out with, i've even met people who wanted to get together for play dates at my son's pedi's office. So I guess what I'm saying is come to the Random Thoughts post and meet some online moms then get some gumption and go out with your DD to an children's event and meet some moms! even mommy and me!

mamalatanya
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Same here idont think they left me but kids are older so seems our worlds went different ways i joined here hoping to meet new people in area and gain some motherhood wisdom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:55 AM

i only had one friend when i got pregnant..she had her baby 4 months before me...and then when my daughter was 6 months, she moved about 5hrs away, and we kinda just stopped talking.  that was 8 yrs ago!  i was lonely..but then i figured once my daughter starts preschool, i'll make some friends....that didnt happen..so then i thought, ok.....kindergarten i'll make some.....wellllll, my daughter is in grade 3..and still no!!  it frickin sucks being so lonely!!  and i've been a single mom since the day i found out i was pregnant, so i dont even have a bf or anything to talk to!!   it's very lonely!

heidi749
by Canadian on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I moved here to Quebec Canada from Thunder Bay Ont Canada, 21 hr drive, SO's famliy is here, my 1 friend is there. My other friend is in Southeren Ont, since I moved from Guelph Ont Canada area, to there. However, no matter how far we are , how long we go without talking, when we do, we pick up like we always do, but getting together is sorta impossiable, in less they, or I win the Loto Max lol. Even my sister, I live 8hrs from & see once a year. It is difficult, some days are easier then other's with it. Like Emiliee said the Random thoughts post is great, although none of us can probably get together.

Try mommy & me classes, in your area maybe, or the libary and other places where there is mom's & babies, maybe you will meet a great friend, just try not going with the expectation that you will, because it may cause you to be disapointed even more, if it does not happen.

GOOD LUCK

chefmartha
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Yep. Been there too. I don't have anyone to 'hang out' with right now but I have friends on here to talk to as well as a few friends that I've known for years that I keep in touch with online and by phone. It sucks but you will find new friends eventually. One of my friends I met just from renting movies at Blockbuster each week. LOL... When I had some car issues I found out she lived just around the corner from me and offered to help me go get groceries or take movies back to the store for me. Even though I don't live there anymore we still talk frequently. She's finishing up nursing school right now so we don't chat as often as I'd like but still....

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:42 AM

((hugs)) for you and your precious little one.

I found that children and babies were great ways to encourage people to talk and to make friends. When you have off work, walk the baby outside and stop and talk to other moms, and when you go to the library or playground talk to other moms, even at work, among your fellow workers, there may be people who would like to talk about children.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM

If you can get involved in the parents organization at school, or volunteer in the classroom or library there, it will help you meet people. Nothing like volunteering to get attention. :)

Quoting alexis_06:

i only had one friend when i got pregnant..she had her baby 4 months before me...and then when my daughter was 6 months, she moved about 5hrs away, and we kinda just stopped talking.  that was 8 yrs ago!  i was lonely..but then i figured once my daughter starts preschool, i'll make some friends....that didnt happen..so then i thought, ok.....kindergarten i'll make some.....wellllll, my daughter is in grade 3..and still no!!  it frickin sucks being so lonely!!  and i've been a single mom since the day i found out i was pregnant, so i dont even have a bf or anything to talk to!!   it's very lonely!

SassyLeigh
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I had kids young and thi happened to me. But I'm also with you on moving 1200 miles away and starting with no one. And really after 6 years have yet to find any good friendships. We mies from Maine to Indiana. My comfort zone to his.

Quoting turtle07:

Same thing happened to me and on top of it i moved 1200 miles away from everyone i knew. It took a long time before i made friends where i live now and i still dont really have many. Hope you can find some new friends soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)