Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Flirtation

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:47 AM
  • 28 Replies
As a married woman do you find it repulsive for other men to flirt with you or are you flattered by it?
After gaining this weight with two boys I'm so flattered when a man actually flirts with me which isn't often. I tell them no thanks and that I'm married but I can't help but smile like " I still got it" lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

It's cute.  I'm not repulsed or flattered.  My response is close to wanting to pat their head and say "awww."

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

ChancesMommy07
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:52 AM

It doesn't bother me.

SassyLeigh
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:52 AM
I find it flattering!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeMax
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
It is flattering and always a mood boost. But I never participate in or encourage the flirting in any way. I always act pretty aloof to it, then when I get to the car or have moved out of the location I smile to myself because I've still got it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I find it flattering and a good boost to my self-esteem.  I always make it clear that I'm married and just brush it off, but definitely smile to myself later on.

VisionSeeker
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

It's cute.  I'm not repulsed or flattered.  My response is close to wanting to pat their head and say "awww."

LOL!  That's how I feel.  Then I want to say "you're just so sweet" in some motherly way :)

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM

To reply this way would be fine. That lets them know you appreciate the thought, and doesn't hurt their feelings, but also lets them know not to continue, that you're off limits. Anything else could be a big problem.

Quoting VisionSeeker:

Quoting jillbailey26:

LOL!  That's how I feel.  Then I want to say "you're just so sweet" in some motherly way :)

iheartmycinco
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM
It boosts my confidences. I'm always like "oh honey I got that covered but thanks" but it does make me feel good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz_erica03
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM

This. You don't want them to perceive your kindness as a green light.

Quoting SweetLuci:

To reply this way would be fine. That lets them know you appreciate the thought, and doesn't hurt their feelings, but also lets them know not to continue, that you're off limits. Anything else could be a big problem.

Quoting VisionSeeker:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Darlinge1211
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Flattered. Its nice to know I'm still at least a little attractive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)