Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM
  • 11 Replies
My daughter me and myy husband are all sick with nausea, fever, diarrhea, and dehydration. And my daughters doctor, n the hospital don't know what it is. Any one have any idea?

My poor daughter has been sick for 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks now. N she's only 13 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

It's probably something viral that's going around.

It could be the flu.

Keep giving her fluids even if she throws them up. Try pedialyte.

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

If your  daughter (and the rest of you) have been sick for 2 weeks you need to get all of you to a doctor ASAP.

I suggest finding a new doctor.

consumerswin
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Yikes sounds like a nasty virus. How long have you had it? There are some nasty ones going around right now.

BrennaLyons
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Amen to this one! Pedialyte saved my skin many a time.

When the baby can handle it...bananas, plain white rice, dry toast, rice cereal mixed with water, apple juice or Pedialyte...and apple sauce. It's the toddler version of the BRAT diet. Don't worry about missing milk unless the doctor is. Mine never did, when the baby was dehydrating.

If she's puking the BRAT diet, give it a few days and...my doctor didn't argue this one and it worked well, but ask...spoon the baby a little frozen Coke. I used to get them at Burger King, for this purpose. Cola syrup was invented to calm an upset stomach, and he agreed that if it would help keep the Pedialyte down, a few spoonfuls at a time was a good thing.

Also, don't try regular food/milk again until she's holding down BRAT successfully for at least three or four days. Your doctor may want to go even longer than that. He/she can give you more precise idea of how long to go at each stage.

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

It's probably something viral that's going around.

It could be the flu.

Keep giving her fluids even if she throws them up. Try pedialyte.

marisab
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM

i agrree about getting a second opinion

Quoting nuts4scouts:

If your  daughter (and the rest of you) have been sick for 2 weeks you need to get all of you to a doctor ASAP.

I suggest finding a new doctor.

UpSheRises
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:04 PM

You've either got a bacterial infection or a virus, but you probably already guessed that.

Make sure everyone is drinking enough water. Hope you feel better.

AuntyEm774
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Just an odd thought--did you just move or switch water sources? I live in a very rural area where everyone has well water and high sulfates can cause a lot of the symptoms you are showing. If you have well water, not city water, have it checked. The local health department does it here (ND) free of charge.

If this doesn't apply to you, could you possibly have something bad in the fridge that is contaminating other things, or even a mild problem that you don't know about?
lilbit98
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM

i am a cna and all my friends kids had it i never seen it before but its called hand foot mouth diasea make sure you wash hands use santizer and wash her cups and disenfect everything

LindaClement
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Sounds like food poisoning or norwalk. 

navewife
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM
That sound long to be a virus, maybe talk to the dr again to see if this could be bacterial and maybe need an antibiotic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN