Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IUD removal questions

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ilove my IUD but cant stand it at the same time. Im going to the dr today to talk about removal and getting back on the pill. Did you have to have any pelvic rest after the removal? I know I have to give time to the PCP to take effect not looking to get preggo any time soon! But did your dr tell you to not DTD for a certian amount of time? Do they just tough on the strings or do they remove it the way they put it in numbing and tools?TIA

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I was able to have my merina taken out and my paraguard put right back in and i was still allowed to have sex. and yes they just tug on the strings and dont use any numbing and they use tongs. Its not painfuk at all.

Gabbysmom715
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM
I have no idea I had mine removed when I got my tubal done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melisawoosley
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM
This

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

I was able to have my merina taken out and my paraguard put right back in and i was still allowed to have sex. and yes they just tug on the strings and dont use any numbing and they use tongs. Its not painfuk at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jean_marie1987
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM

They didn't numb me to put it in! I think I got gipped. :)
We just got ours out in April to TTC again. The doc said to wait one cycle before trying, but he didn't say anything about intercourse without TTC.
I'm unsure what DTD is.
Also, there was some bleeding, which inhibits intercourse for most.

christababy
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM
It's a quick tug. I would advise against sex afterward. I bled very heavily for almost a month with lots of clots afterward. Everyone's different though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM
I didn't have any numbing when I got mine inserted. When I had my first one removed they just tugged the string and I removed the second one myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM
I didn't even have spotting after either removal and the second time I went off BC altogether. I finally got my period over a month later and it lasted 1 day and was super light. I had two mirenas for a total of 10 straight years. I wonder if that's the difference.

Quoting christababy:

It's a quick tug. I would advise against sex afterward. I bled very heavily for almost a month with lots of clots afterward. Everyone's different though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:25 PM
I think DTD means do the deed.
DH doesn't seem to care if I'm bleeding, but I don't want to DTD if I'm feeling gross.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

We just got ours out in April to TTC again. The doc said to wait one cycle before trying, but he didn't say anything about intercourse without TTC.
I'm unsure what DTD is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jean_marie1987
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Gotcha. That's creative. :)
I don't like to either if I feel gross.

Quoting TeaHound:

I think DTD means do the deed.
DH doesn't seem to care if I'm bleeding, but I don't want to DTD if I'm feeling gross.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

I'm unsure what DTD is.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM

It was quick tug for me, just a little spotting. We used condoms until the pills were far enough along to be all we needed. Had sex pretty soon after, within a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured