Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what cleaning products do you use?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
We just moved and it seems that everything I use before just isn't cutting it lol. Our house is brand new and I want shiny clean counter tops without streaks and a kitchen floor without streaks. It's a real tile floor,the rest of the house is hard wood and the bathroom and laundryroom it lanolium.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frzmamaof4
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM
I love using bleach or Lysol spray for the kitchen and bathrooms! I think that theres this stuff called Wilson Oil for Hardwood floors that works wonders too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Truth be told, you can clean EVERYTHING in your house perfectly with baking soda, vinegar, or dish detergent. These are even anti bacterial and edible (unlike bleach and Lysol, etc).
I mostly use dish detergent, bleach, vinegar, and Fabuloso; sometimes baking soda. There's actually a book entitled: How to Clean Your Entire House with Baking Soda and Vinegar. I just don't have a copy of it. :-)
And dh likes the smell of the Fabuloso we buy. But baking soda, vinegar, and scented candles or air freshener would be cheaper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Because of my Pulmonary issues I use white vinegar, baking soda and steam.  Chemicals make me sick.  

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM

in my kitchen i use lysol or mr clean spray (lemon scent) for my floors i use pinesol. in my bathroom i use the powdered comet stuff. 

nikabear
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM
I use lysol, scrubbing bubbles and pinesol when cleaning my house. It has to be bleach free or I will get sick......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LandonsMom1114
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM
What do you use for a cloth? I usually use bleach cleaner on everything but my floors. J use a swiffer but it seems to be leaving streaks that I apparently could see before. My counter also shows some streaks afterwards and I think its the cloth I use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaddiesMama09
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Honestly, I clean my entire house with steam! I have the shark steam products that do my tile floors, hardwood floors, granite countertops, etc. always streak free and pulls up so much dirt and grime. Even my shower and tubs I clean with steam. And vinegar and baking soda.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

This.  It cleans well & you don't have that nasty "cleaning chemical" smell.

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

Honestly, I clean my entire house with steam! I have the shark steam products that do my tile floors, hardwood floors, granite countertops, etc. always streak free and pulls up so much dirt and grime. Even my shower and tubs I clean with steam. And vinegar and baking soda.

robyann
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:07 PM

For the tub I use Kaboom, it works GREAT! You spray it on, wait a few minutes and just wipe it down, all the soap scum and stuff comes right off! Love this stuff because cleaning the tub is one of my very least favorite chores. For the kitchen floor I just got one of the swiffer mops, LOVE this too, the liquid is already right there, no mop bucket! I just also tried those little detergent squares for the dishwasher, those work great too! I use bleach and water on alot of things like the sinks, counters, door knobs, light switches, hand rails on stairs....

ida123
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Ajax and jiff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured