Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

This mommy here is more than tired.. I am so exhausted and drained and just out of it these days.. I don't know wht it is... I have my twins, cleaning, cooking, my sisters (3) and brother (1), my husband for whom I do EVERYTHING FOR! and all this on top of me :-/ I should be hapypy I just got back with my hubby after being apart for almost a year but instead im exhausted! We argue pretty much eceryday because he doesn;t sit and bond with his kids who has hasnt seen at all, the first time he saw them was 2 weeks ago at the airport and he doesn;t bond with them it bothers me he missed out on 8 months of there lifes he should be with them 24/7 trying to connect but he doesnt help at all! I take care of them both alone and he is here! Even midnight feedings, i get no sleep anymore!  And i take care of my siblings as well during the day so even if i wanted a nap I couldnt take one....I just don't know whats going on with me I hate feeling this way because I shouldn't be like this im only 20 and I feel like a middle aged women :( Advice?

busy mom

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Replies (11-12):
EmEssaDuaa
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Quoting Kellyjude1:

If you are doing this all by yourself no wonder your tired and you have every right to be.  Balancing it all can sometimes be difficult.  Not sure if you have the children on any type of schedule but this may help to give you some time for yourself.   Sometimes taking the children outside can help them release some of their energy.  This may help with nap time  or bed time.  Hopefully giving you some time for yourself.  Clearly you are overwhelmed and need some time for you.  Do you have anyone who cou ld possibly help and give you a break?  Try and sit down and talk to your husband he needs to understand and respect your feelings.  Your husband should be helping and working together would be best.  I hope things get better...

I do have them on a schedule for the babies (8months twin)  But the others are a little older and don't take naps anymore... I have my parents and sisters but they are all working im the only one thats at home.. So i take care of everything here

busy mom

Kellyjude1
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM

It seems there is really not much more you can do.  I hope your husband will see and understand all you are doing and would help you.  Even if he would take the kids out to the playground or something so that you can have some time for yourself.  Balancing everything is not always easy.  On the weekends my mom comes and stays with us.  My mom has had 2 strokes and believe me I feel so drained by Sunday..lol.  I feel like my weekends are spent cleaning, cooking,going food shopping and washing clothes....Some relaxing time would be nice.  Just try to do the best you can that is all you can do.  I hope things get better for you.  Maybe someone can babysit for you on the weekend to get some time out for yourself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN