Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should I go with my husband or stay home?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 21 Replies
For my husband's birthday I bought him tickets to see his favorite band. We went last month and saw them. Last week, the band announced that the singer and the band have decided to part ways and they would be bringing another singer in to finish their American tour. At first my husband was very upset but them he saw some videos of the new singer with the band. He then found out that the band will be playing in Buena Vista, Fl which is about a 9 hour drive from us. He wanted me to go but I told him to see if any of his friends want to go. No one can. He asked if he can go by himself if I don't go and I told him as long as he has the money to go, then I don't mind.

He has been asking me to go though. I don't care to drive/ride 9
hours, go to a concert where I would rather sit and listen to the music whereas my husband wants to be in the mosh pit, and then drive/ride 9 hours back. I thought about riding/driving down there with him and then going to do/see something I enjoy. This way I can take turns driving with him. However, if I do go I will have to take off from work and find someone to watch our son for two nights.
I am just so unsure about what to do. Any advice/suggestions/opinions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeaHound
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM
No. Sorry, but here's a BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Venae
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Have a good time, hubby - see ya when you get back.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:58 PM

yaa, i dont think i would go..lol

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Yikes. Much as I love/ trust my dh Idk about that far and that long alone. Just not something either of us get down with.

On the flip side I also would not like to drive for HIS band preference lol.

So. Idk. Whatever you want!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeremysMom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Yikes. Much as I love/ trust my dh Idk about that far and that long alone. Just not something either of us get down with.

This is my biggest concern, especially since he will be leaving Sunday morning at 4 am driving the 9 hours, going to the concert from 7-12 pm and then driving through the night.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Eek. :(

It can be done but sometimes as adults we jist have to miss things/ deal. I hope he figures out what he needs to do.

Quoting JeremysMom:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

This is my biggest concern, especially since he will be leaving Sunday morning at 4 am driving the 9 hours, going to the concert from 7-12 pm and then driving through the night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmama1154
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:46 PM
I wouldn't want him to go alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
admckenzie
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM

If he asked me then I'd feel like he really wanted to share the experience with me so I'd go. We all make sacrifces for our loves ones some time. It might be fun. It will make a great memory to tell grandkids how you didn't want to go but for love you went! I wish I still had someone in my life who would want to spend that time with me.

JeremysMom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Quoting admckenzie:

If he asked me then I'd feel like he really wanted to share the experience with me so I'd go. We all make sacrifces for our loves ones some time. It might be fun. It will make a great memory to tell grandkids how you didn't want to go but for love you went! I wish I still had someone in my life who would want to spend that time with me.

I wouldn't mind going if we hadn't just seen them last month. Granted they have a new singer, but I stepped way out of my comfort zone for the first concert. Ugh, I just keep going back and forth on if I should go or not.

LiliMama18
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Lol this is me and my husband to a t.... I will say when he winds up going alone I feel guilty and when I go on these road trips/shows with him- I'm miserable. So you're damned if you do damned if you don't
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN