Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Respect...

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM
  • 8 Replies
What do you think it is? How do you show it? How do other's show it to you?

The reason I ask is because my bf and I just got in a HUGE fight about him smoking in my car... I don't smoke and I don't want it in my house or car.. PERIOD... he knows how I feel about it... it smells and ashes get everywhere... so regardless of how I feel, he decides he's going to smoke in the car anyways .. and to top it off, use the ashtray... so now there are ashes everywhere and butts in the tray...

I feel this is VERY disrespectful ... wouldnt it be? Or is there something else to call it. Because he doesn't seem to think so and is telling me I'm making a big deal over nothing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM
That was very disrespectful. It's a disgusting, unhealthy habit that you don't want in your vehicle. It's one thing if he's doing it in his own but you made it clear you didn't want it done in yours. I'd make him detail my whole damn car. My DH has friends that smoke but I don't allow it here, not even in the garage. They don't like it but they respect me enough not to push it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Ok mama, Im a smoker, have been for 20 yrs (please dont bash, I know I should stop) and I agree with YOU. I try to be respectful of others when I smoke. I certainly would never do what he did. That is just rude!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilahall
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

although i am a smoker and smoke in my home and car i DO think it is disrespectful for him not to listen to you when you tell him not too. i dont smoke in others homes or cars out of respect unless i know they smoke in them as well. he should be considerate of how you feel and either smoke before or after he is in your car. tell him hes not allowed to ride in your car if he continues to smoke in it. best of luck!

trulyblessed618
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Well men think us women make a big deal about anything and everything ..... And I think that it's your car and if you don't like smoke he should respect that..... It becomes disrespectful when you know someone doesn't like something and you do it anyway and then try to act like they are crazy.... You are not crazy nor alone .....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabpaige
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Thanks ladies... I just wish you guys being on my side fixed the situation ... he just simply doesn't care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM
I'm a smoker and I never ever smoke inside a home, even my own, or in a place where the rightful owner doesn't like it. I wouldn't allow him in your car anymore. That's just not nice at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM

If he doesn't care about your feelings on this matter or other matters that's a huge red flag for the whole relationship.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Quoting Lindalou907:

If he doesn't care about your feelings on this matter or other matters that's a huge red flag for the whole relationship.

I agree.  HUGE red flag!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured