Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

It hurts (maybe a little TMI) :0(

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM
  • 31 Replies

My tampon that is. Well not the tampon, but the place I put the dang thing. 

I had really intense cramps around ovulation week, like couldn't walk for a moment or two, and now on day 1 on AF it hurts to remove my tampon and I can feel it when it's in me. Like when I sit down there's a pressure there that hasn't ever been there before. It's also been a little uncomfortable to insert the tampons but nothing really alarming until it's time for removal then it's almost like it gets stuck a little bit and hurts like the dickens. 

I'm in my thirties and have had periods since my mid teens and used tampons every single AF with no issues so this is weird to say the least. 

I think I'm gonna give my lady parts a break from tampons, which sucks cuz I have a very heavy flow, but has this happened to anyone else?

BTW I haven't changed brands or flow coverage, everything is what I've used in the past. 

TIA Ladies!!

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DarlaHood
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Try a Diva cup or the disposable version of the Diva cup (can't remember what it is called).  Everyone I know who's tried it LOVES it and it's supposed to not do that because it doesn't absorb the moisture off the vaginal wall.  It's also supposed to work better for heavy flow and only needs to be changed every 10 or 12 hours. 

lilbit98
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM

yes i am almost 28 and after my first child i couldnt wear tampons anymore i have an heavy flow and i use pads.   i use th heavy overnight that is kind of long bc it keeps you protect i always use a femaine wash everynight especially this time of the month. and i douche after my periods bc i am a cna and yes douching can be bad bc it washes away good bacteria but that once a month to get that out its ok.  i have done by research. something about after you have a baby and get stitched up you are actually tighter then you were before so it makes it harder to get a tampon in. also tampons are very unsafe bc you are sitting there with something with your blood on it til you can get to the restroom and its holding bacteria

robyann
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I used tampons for many years too. After my 3rd child it was uncomfortable for me to wear them too. Not sure why, but I felt the same way you do, and they also started giving me cramps when they were in. I just switched to pads, and have been using them ever since. So I can't tell you why....lol...but your not the only one who  has had this issue.

budgie1117
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I wonder if you have a yeast infection. I have had one before without any itching, but I did have some swelling. Call the gyno and see what they think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
White-Rose
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I would try switching to pads for awhile...I never used tampons though.  If it continues you might need to get seen by a doctor. 

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Try using a cup. I was totally against using them because they just sounded gross to me but then I realized, anything used for a period is gross. Pads are gross too. Tampons always bother me.

I tried the soft cup and I won't use anything else now.

If you try them, just make sure you put them in the correct way. They don't go in like tampons do. They go more downward as opposed to tampons that go more upward. 

Also, when you take it out just go slowly otherwise it WILL get messy.

erikadi
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I don't use tampons, but I hope you are not getting tampon shock. I use pads. Maybe you should take to your GYN to make sure nothing else is going on.

signingmama2915
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM

hum...have you been dry lately? that may affect it . Also like others said, maybe the beginings of an infection?

WheelerWife
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Thank you for all the advice. ;)

WheelerWife
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I have a Diva cup and it seems like a great invention but my muscles are pretty weak down there so it slips a lot. I'm working on remembering to do kegels to tighten them up. ;0)

Thank you!!

Quoting DarlaHood:

Try a Diva cup or the disposable version of the Diva cup (can't remember what it is called).  Everyone I know who's tried it LOVES it and it's supposed to not do that because it doesn't absorb the moisture off the vaginal wall.  It's also supposed to work better for heavy flow and only needs to be changed every 10 or 12 hours. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)