Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My son is having his 1st birthday party and a lot of his playmates have older siblings.  For the older kids (who range in age from 5-9) I have a pinata as part of the festivities.  I'd like to try and put some healthy treats in the pinata/ candy alternatives for the kids.  Anyone have any ideas?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Replies (11-18):
happy2bmom25
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I did toys one year. There were sunglasses, patachute men, and bubbles. The bubbles were too heavy, though, someone could have been hurt if they got hit on the head with them!. Small bags of pretzels would be good, small bags of annies organic snacks too. Maybe tattoos, pencils, erasers?
Healthy pinatas are a lot more expensive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

We used dollar-store toys, pencils, and fun office supplies (never met a kid yet who didn't think metallic tape was the most fun possible thing to have a personal supply of!)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
I've always liked the idea of a healthy pinata.

I can think of sone costco snacks we like that would survive the fall.

The monies are a good idea too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smallfry3280
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM

i would say money, or stickers, um small party favors, i like the idea of the 100 calorie snack packs

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

If you want to do something candy like, try doing the fruity snack packs. Little ones love them and they will certainly survive the fall and they are healthy to boot. AND the little ones will still be able to run around having fun picking them up just like any other pinata party.  You could also do the coupon thing and have them exchange them for a toy surprise as well.  The toys could consist of stickers, balloons, spin tops, feathers, whistles.  Hope you have fun. :) And post some pics afterwards. :)  

marisab
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM

how about lil toys and raisins 

angie2568
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Rice Krispie treats, mini bags of pretzels - these are out for Halloween/fall right now at walmart. Fruit snacks, fruit nuggets, goldfish, cheez it snack bags, the newton thin packs.

DarlaHood
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I say give 'em some unique kinds of candy, just not loads of it.  Fruit snacks and chips have sugar and processed carbs anyway, so unless you're gonna put actual fruit in, then you may as well let them have a treat.  It's a party after all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)