Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

In shock :(

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM
  • 19 Replies
IM not new to cafemom I just forgot the password to my old scout which was mommyto3girlies. Anyways I recently found out I was pregnant, Thursday I went to my first appointment and was so excited n when the Dr told me something was wrong n said there was no heartbeat my heart dropped. So he wants to check my hgc levels. They took blood on Thursday and will be taking again on Monday. Then Wednesday I will be going in for the results. I set another appointment with a different Dr for a second opinion. He didn't give me the sono but I did take a picture of the screen with my phone. It's like my baby never grew at all. I have four healthy kids so this is such a shock that this has happened to me. Idk if it is a waste to get a second opinion or if it's best. I wander how long it's been since my babysit heart stopped :( I was supposed to be ten weeks n two days on Thursday but in the sono the baby was only a little circle. I want to post the pic but idk how to from my phone.
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Usually they dont do sonos or u/s until later since until then they are little "blobs".  I am sorry for your loss and would ask for a hard copy/picture if they do it again.

MaddiesMama09
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I don't know how to post photos from my phone to CM, so I can't help with that part but I just wanted to offer my condolences and tell you how very sorry I am for your loss. At 10 weeks, you would see a very obvious heartbeat on a trams signal ultrasound. Is it possible you just mis calculated how far along you were?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4monkeystolove
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM
I had two periods in July one on the first and again on the twenty fourth but was only two to three days n very light
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM
I would go for the second opinion. I lost my first at 10 weeks 5 days. There are a lot of cases of moms being told there is no hope then having healthy pregnancies.
http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/
I will be praying for you. Miscarriages are a terrible thing :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I can imagine how you must feel. I am so sorry.

jhslove
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I'm sorry. My first pregnancy ended that way, too. It is a shock and there's nothing that can really take the pain away except time.    :(

gacgbaker
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I'm so sorry!  :(

You might also look at this group:

Join us in the Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support group

A lot of the moms have gone through similar things and are very supportive.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Email the picture to your cafemom account from your phone. Where you would put a phone number in the text box put your cafemom photo email address. 

I am sorry for your loss :( I lost my first at 13 weeks. Having that picture, even though it wasn't much to see, helped a lot. *hugs* 

diamondsetter
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:46 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Aww sweety I'm sorry...that happened to me 2 years ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN