Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Same situation anyone?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:28 AM
  • 12 Replies

So im 18 yrs old have twin boys and just want to get my life started. I am a single mom but yet feel as if im missing out by seeing other girls my same age or not with their babby daddy or their own little family. Is it okay to feel this way or am i too young? I dont even want to take a picture with my boys because im sad to see how others have a male figure in them:<{

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robyann
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

It's ok to be sad and feel like your missing out on something. But those are your children, it is what it is, you have to accept it and be proud. Make your boys the single most important thing in your life. You need to accept the situation and decide to be happy. Your boy's deserve that. They deserve a happy convindent mommy. You make your life and their lives what you want  it to be. GL

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Its ok to feel sad. Maybe you show others to wait for sex so they don't have to be like you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this

first of all, stop comparing yourself to others...secondly, GET  A PICTURE!! You WILL regret it if you don't...who cares what anyone else thinks, it doens't matter...what matters is that you are doing the best you can for YOUR family, regardless of a male figure in the pics or not.  The hell with everyone else!!  Make and keep YOURSELF happy, that is the key to raising happy kids, too. 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Embrace motherhood momma! You are a mommy, and a mommy of twins at that! It doesn't matter if you have a man in your life or not, those boys have you. You are mom and dad.....together.
I would rather see a single mom out there taking care of business than a mom with a significant other that don't get along. If you would have stayed with your boys daddy, would it have been best for your boys? Did you guys fight a lot, or was he a good father figure? Count your blessings momma :) 

*hugs* 

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Your life has started. It might not be the one you envisioned, but it is your life and not embracing it will only short change your children and make you resentful.
Stop comparing it to others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veggiemum
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Im ALOT older than you and I feel that way.  Stay positive and enjoy your boys, you have a ton of life to live.

cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Eventually when the time is right you will meet someone.but for now enjoy your little family.take pictures with your boys so one day you could show your them that for a little while it was just you and them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Exactly

Quoting emmy526:

first of all, stop comparing yourself to others...secondly, GET  A PICTURE!! You WILL regret it if you don't...who cares what anyone else thinks, it doens't matter...what matters is that you are doing the best you can for YOUR family, regardless of a male figure in the pics or not.  The hell with everyone else!!  Make and keep YOURSELF happy, that is the key to raising happy kids, too. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenneMaw
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I think it is totally normal to feel that way - to be sad for what 'might have been'.  However, you can't dwell on those feelings or not take pics of your boys.   You and your boys are what matter most. When those negative thoughts and feelings start creeping into your head, yoiu need to stop them.  You are SO blessed.  I know it must seem overwhelming but concentrate on what you have right now and not what you don't. I promise it will really help.  Promise.

tjane3000
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Couldn't have said it any better!

Quoting emmy526:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN