Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Teen relationship advice!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My teen son is gay and dating a nice guy.  They dated a year ago, broke up due to trust issues, spent time apart but worked things out.  They got back together over 6 months ago.  Shortly after getting back together my husband and I were approached by both and asked if my son's partner could stay with us.  His grandmother, whom he lived with, was moving into a retirement home and he had no place else to go.  We agreed with the understanding that he was to get a job and pay us rent until he got on his feet.  (He moved her from another State).  My dilemma is this....my son goes through his partner's phone messages, computer and questions his phone calls (most are work related).  They fought almost every night.  Now my son found his partner was talking with someone just a week ago and wants him out.  He has nowhere to go as he just got a salaried job and is trying to save.  What do I do?  I feel that my son needs to talk this out with his partner but he refuses.  I know there is no excuse for cheating but I also feel my son pushed him to this point with his lack of trust.  

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Replies (11-17):
Sunshinebee0502
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM

They should probably talk. Is where he going to be living a concern? I'm sorry I didn't follow that part well...

mommyjswish
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:48 PM
This

Quoting frndlyfn:

Is there any place in the household that is more isolated so the fellow can be more of a renter from you rather than potential son in law?  That means your son would not be able to enter that space without the other fellows express consent.   It sounds like both need to mature a bit before they get in a monogamous relationship.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:12 AM

I would have him sleep somewhere else in your home,give him 2 months to save up enough to leave.And just in case he's bad with money I would tell him you will save half or more of his paycheck for him. I had a kid stay a year and a half on our sofa,it wasn't until I MADE him save that he was able to move out.

KRIZZ25
not everyone's child should be treated special ..
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:46 AM
sounds like ur son has trust issues .. i would try to find him a new place to stay .. advice don't let bf,s move in..my sister wen throw the same wth her daughter.she let the bf move in and it turned out bad..i could have told her that would happen ..
FooLynRoo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:49 AM
How did u accept this boy into ur home? As a kid who needed a place to live or as your sons boyfriend. If it was the first give him his own room and tell your son he has to deal. If it was only for your son. Tell the boy this is what happens when u destroy a relationship and give him notice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ida123
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:20 AM
That's a hard one. How old are they? they are immature i guess.
mmccrea
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:33 AM

How old is the boyfriend?  Can he get a place on his own?  How did this child fall into your hands as your responsibility?  Where is the rest of his family?  Did he actually cheat, or is your son perhaps fabricating that since he has trust issues?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)