Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should I call the dr?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM
  • 19 Replies
Last week my 3 year old had bronchitis. The dr put him on steroids and breathing treatment and antibiotics. Today he has a fever and is complaining about stomach pain. I am not sure if it might have gone to pneumonia or just a stomach bug, but this morning he had his last dose of the antibiotic. Should I call the dr or wait it out? My kids have never had bronchitis or pneumonia before. I tried looking online but I am unsure. Please help!

Thaankyou!!!
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Ashley on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Whats his temp? I would give it a day or two to see if it goes away. If not then maybe take him in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMR320
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
I would call the Dr. to see what they say. I wouldn't rush to urgent care unless he is having labored breathing but a phone call wouldn't hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM
If the temp is 102 or higher I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ferne3
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My peds office has an advice nurse line - I always call.  I got great advice when my LO was first born, don't second guess your mommy instincts - trust them.  They are there for a reason.  I tell them everything (symptoms not guesses) and then let them know I am not looking to come in, just get advice.  50% of the time I don't go in.  But, better safe than sorry.  This is why they are there.

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM

You can always call the doctor and see what they say. They can either tell you what you can do or tell you to come in if they feel it's necessary.

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Call the doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
the rx thy gave him could give him a tummy ack.. try given it wth food.
srbeusk
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM
I tend to wait things out a bit, but truly you need to follow what your intuition is telling you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eviesmom453
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

No, just stay on CM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)