Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

baptism etiquette: paper invitation? facebook? evite?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

not sure how to send the invitations.

any thoughts on this?

thanks

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

For any event we have, I send out real invitations and about a week later after they have had a chance to get their mail, I set up a Facebook event because I know I get a LOT more RSVPs when they can easily do it from Facebook rather than calling.

bbmkfo03
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I only invited immediate family so I just called everyone. If I were inviting other people I would probably send invitations through the mail

Momof2almost
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Our 1st sons baptism we sent out invitations (this was before facebook existed).
Our 2nd son we invited folks through facebook and allowed folks to rsvp through a chat. It worked out pretty good for us and was MUCH MUCH CHEAPER!!!
However, after the baptism we still sent out paper thank you notes to those who attended!
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Paper invitations are correct. Older relatives might be offended by facebook or evites. I would give them the option of RSVP on all media, that way it's easier for most.

WesleysMom23
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM
We only invited close family to our sons so we just told them ourselves about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smallfry3280
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM

my children have only had dedications, but we did the same thing- only invited immediate family as well. if i were going to invite a lot of people... you could use an e-vite( invitation emailed to everyone) there are sites like punchbowl.com that are free

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I would do the paper invitations. They are the correct way of informing family and friends of your intentions for a function that involves family and or friends. Makes them feel special on what is considered a special occasion anyway.  :) 

CoeyG
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM

You either call or send paper invitations, Face book is tacky

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I always send out paper invitations for anything for ds.

marisab
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM

NOT SURE I HAVE TO DO THAT 2 WITH MY OLDER KIDS USED WORD OF MOUTH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN