Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Daughters father not being there for her anymore?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone, i am a 19 year old single mother. the father of my daughter/ my ex isn't there for her like he  used to be since he got married. he only sees her 4 times every month he doesn't get her diapers or anything she needs when me or my mom ask him to. he puts his wife before his daughter. the only he see's his daughter is if i take her to hise house. which is hardley ever! he is an illegally here in the u.s. he said he would not pay child support if i tried to make him then he would run. so my question is. is there any way i can take his name off of her birth certificate? he used a fake i.d to have his name put on her birth certificate and keep him out of her life? i know this isn't the right thing to do but if he isnt going to do his part and take care of her and as she gets older just hurt her when i have to make excuses for him when he lets her down. i aslo have full custody of her. 

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jamie1972
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Well I would think if he used a fake id then that would make the birth certificate null and void. To be on the safe side call a family lawyer and ask him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Talk with a lwyer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lurion
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

What would it accomplish to take his name off the birth certificate? I don't get it. 

He'll always be her father. He'll be as involved or he won't. His name on the BC won't change that. 

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Talk to a lawyer.  You could have him deported in a major B move since you know he is an illegal using fake ids for federal/official documents.

CoeyG
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this

If he is illegal why haven't you reported him?  And what the hell has stopped you from going for child support?  The excuse that he will run is just that, an excuse.  As far as him having visitation with his child .  There is not law that requires him to have any conact with your daughter.  The visitation order is so you don't try to keep him from seeing his daughter if he wants to see her.   He also doesn't have to provide for your daughter if he doesn't want to because there is no order of support, morally yes he should step up but legally he can blow it off.  Face it, you chose to make a baby with a loser, maybe you should have thought twice before you made that choice.  

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:17 AM
I would consult an attorney,the first appointment is usually free,go and see what you can learn.
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I would speak to a lawyer and find out what you can do. ((HUGS)) and good luck!

bpryce
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM
You need a lawyer, not CM. Not every state has the same laws, nor do our laws necessarily apply when involving illegal immigrants. Please start calling, it is possible to receive legal advice without having to pay up front, in case you're worried about money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

If he is illegal why haven't you reported him?  And what the hell has stopped you from going for child support?  The excuse that he will run is just that, an excuse.  As far as him having visitation with his child .  There is not law that requires him to have any conact with your daughter.  The visitation order is so you don't try to keep him from seeing his daughter if he wants to see her.   He also doesn't have to provide for your daughter if he doesn't want to because there is no order of support, morally yes he should step up but legally he can blow it off.  Face it, you chose to make a baby with a loser, maybe you should have thought twice before you made that choice.  

This kind of comment irks me. It is insulting, not to mention completely unproductive. She's not asking for help to go back in time and change her life; she's asking for help with what's going on NOW. Telling her she made a poor choice getting pregnant in the first place is pointless. What's done is done...she's trying to move forward with her life, not backward. There's just no need to say something like this, it's not helping anyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN