Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do I get him to stop sleeping on the floor??

My son is 3 and for about a little over a year (ever since he was moved out of his crib) hes been sleeping on the floor. I will put him to bed and when I check on him hes on the floor. I put him in his bed multiple times a night and he climbs right out. He doesnt sleep next to his bed he sleeps in the middle oif the room. Its gotten to the point where he fights me at bed time because he wants to lay on the floor. He wont even sleep with me but hell sleep on the floor next to my bed if hes having a rough night. Im just worried that this will cause back problems because the floor is hard. He tells me its comfortable but I dont like it. He even lays a blanket down and sleeps on top of it if the floors cold. I just dont know what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM

He wouldn't sleep there if he wasn't comfortable.

bebcarroll
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

There is really no problem with him sleeping on the floor. It is not going to hurt anything and the more you fight him on it the more he is going to resist it.  I cannot see the harm.  If he is sleeping through the night?  Why mess with it? It works for him and is probably just a stage.

robyann
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM

My granddaughter used to sleep on the floor too. She'd even sometimes get under her bed. She did this for a pretty long time. I wouldn't worry about it. If he's comfortable there it's not hurting anything.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

LEt him sleep there.  IT is not hurting anything.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

my4kidsrock2
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:22 PM

My son did that for years and he's fine.

He won't stay there if he's uncomfortable. I would just let him be, at least he's sleeping.

One of these days when you least expect it you will walk in and find him sleeping in his bed.

Beauty91805
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:26 PM
My daughter is 7 and still pleads with me to let her sleep on the floor lol. Guess she likes it. You should try a sleeping bag, they have them for kids. When my daughter goes to her grandpas house she loves sleeping in the one he has for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mik1of3
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Ask your pediatrician if this could hurt his back.  If it won't, then leave him alone.

'Pick your battles' is some of the best advice I've ever been given.  If an issue doesn't hurt the kid, the family, or disrupt anyone's schedule, we leave it alone.  As a result, when we're discussing something and  I tell my kid, "You're starting to piss me off!" she knows she's messed up.

georgeisfun
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Well, sometimes I still like to sleep on the floor. To me it's comfortable. I do not have back problems. I'd let this one go. He's not hurting anything.

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM

why does it matter where he sleeps?

sreichelt26
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I'd just let him sleep on the floor. My husband said he loved sleeping on the floor growing up - he still thinks it's comfy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)