Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do I get him to stop sleeping on the floor??

My son is 3 and for about a little over a year (ever since he was moved out of his crib) hes been sleeping on the floor. I will put him to bed and when I check on him hes on the floor. I put him in his bed multiple times a night and he climbs right out. He doesnt sleep next to his bed he sleeps in the middle oif the room. Its gotten to the point where he fights me at bed time because he wants to lay on the floor. He wont even sleep with me but hell sleep on the floor next to my bed if hes having a rough night. Im just worried that this will cause back problems because the floor is hard. He tells me its comfortable but I dont like it. He even lays a blanket down and sleeps on top of it if the floors cold. I just dont know what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Replies (61-63):
easinpc
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:37 PM

When I was in elementary school I slept on the floor more than I did my bed.  I found it to be more comfy that way.

kidkrazyinAK
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:18 PM

My son is 15, and still prefers the floor. He has slept on the floor since he was 18-24 months.

I ended up buying him a futon for his room, so he had someplace to hang out...turns out it is so firm, he has started sleeping on it.

Some people just prefer a very firm sleeping surface.

Rhiannon92
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM

My 2 year old always migrates to the floor as well. It is probably just a phase and will pass eventually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN