Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Really worried :( *update*

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 27 Replies

I had this bump on my lower arm starting saturday, it looked like a tiny pimple on my arm and had a whitehead. Then it started getting bigger and was the size of an eraser head and looked fluid filled. Well today it popped and is leaking fluid.. WTH could this be?? IDK what to think of it. I had two more small bumps on the same arm and they look the same as the large one when it started. I hate to go to the doctor if its something stupid but I dont have the slightest clue as to white it could be.

*update*

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and the doctor had no idea what it was and said it would just go away.. well it got worse so I went to urgent care on Thursday. The bumps had grown larger by then (there were 3) and were like fluid filled blisters (filled with yellow fluid). They thought it was impetigo so the doctor gave me mupirocin ointment AND oral antibiotics. So its Sunday now and the bumps have actually gotten bigger and now theres a 4th one and the first original bump actually looks likes its starting to get infected.. I dont know what to do?? Im scared and have NO clue what this is ...I feel like a freakin leper...

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Sounds like some sort of cyst.. Maybe apply heat to them and let them come to a head and pop them.. Just make sure you keep them as clean and dry as possible..

mamaeagle216
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Perhaps spider bites? We just had spiders and it sounds similar. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Does it hurt really bad? Is it just clear pus or is it milky or bloody? Could be just a infected ant bite or could be a staph infection. Call your doctor if you are concerned or if you are in pain. Everyone hates going to the doctor but I would rather go while its nothing big than wait till its awful and I can't stand it anymore. Jmo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Italiancouture7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Does it hurt really bad? Is it just clear pus or is it milky or bloody? Could be just a infected ant bite or could be a staph infection. Call your doctor if you are concerned or if you are in pain. Everyone hates going to the doctor but I would rather go while its nothing big than wait till its awful and I can't stand it anymore. Jmo.

No it doesnt hurt at all, the area around it feels a bit itchy. The fluid is clear, I dont think its a bite because there are two more very tiny bumps starting out in the same way it did. I went ahead and just made an appt.

steffielou_who
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM

OOOOOOHHHHHHH.. Could be an infected hair too...

Italiancouture7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

No it doesnt hurt at all, the area around it feels a bit itchy. The fluid is clear, I dont think its a bite because there are two more very tiny bumps starting out in the same way it did. I went ahead and just made an appt.

Also now that im thinking about it, the large bump kind of looks like a poison ivy blister.. but ive had poison ivy before and its never turned into a blister and leaked fluid.

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I'm glad it doesn't hurt that rules out staph and I'm sure you would have realized if you got bit by three ants, I've never had poison ivy before so Idk what that looks like. So here is a bump lol.

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Also now that im thinking about it, the large bump kind of looks like a poison ivy blister.. but ive had poison ivy before and its never turned into a blister and leaked fluid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stressedmama24
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Does it look like a boil??? It could be staph. That's what it sounds like. Go to Dr please!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Italiancouture7
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Quoting stressedmama24:

Does it look like a boil??? It could be staph. That's what it sounds like. Go to Dr please!

No it doesnt. It goes from looking like a red bump/pimple to like a blister bubble.. Its not staph it doesnt hurt.

mylittlelife82
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM
My poison ivy did. Some states have a 24 hour nurse's hotline. You could call them and get some advice. You haven't posted a pic and even if you did, most wouldn't be qualified to assess. If there is inflammation, heat, or tenderness, that usually signifies an infection. I wouldn't disturb the site. If its poison ivy, then you know that anywhere the liquid touches can possibly spread. Best of luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN