Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I'm concerned......thinking of calling his pedi

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM
  • 20 Replies

Yesterday afternoon I was nursing my son. Nothing out of the ordinary. Well while he was nursing I noticed that from his neck up he started shaking for 3 seconds and then stopped for 1 second and the started shaking again for 3 seconds.

Then, about 10 minutes ago, I was breastfeeding him again. And again, he started shaking but this time it was from his chest up. He shook for a second and then stopped for a second and then shook again for 3 seconds and then stopped for a second and then shook again for 4 seconds and then stopped.

For some reason this only happens when he's breastfeeding and it happens at the end of it.

I'm very concerned, should I call his pedi?

I'm thinking it might just be the nervous system, since it's not fully developed yet.

when he was a month old his fist would switch and i asked the nurse and doctor about it and they said it's just the nervous system working because it's not fully developed yet.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM
5 moms liked this

Any time you're concerned, you should call. That's what they're there for. If it's nothing, they will tell you that. If they're concerned then they'll have you come in.

I'm not sure what it could be.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Any time you are concerned or unsure, you should call the doctor.  They are there to help you and offer any kind of reassurances, so don't be embarrassed.

vinalex0581
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM

i feel like i'm calling them every other week with a concern that i have.

pretty soon, they'll know me on a first name basis.

that's why i would rather not call if i don't have to. i had to burden people.

but it's also my sons health that could be in jeopardy and i won't know unless i call.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Any time you are concerned or unsure, you should call the doctor.  They are there to help you and offer any kind of reassurances, so don't be embarrassed.

terpmama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I know my kiddos (both) would have their lower jaw vibrate? And my LC said it was totally normal and was basically the "ahhhhh" feeling for newborns. Never saw anything other than their jaw move though
terpmama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting vinalex0581:

If they give you crap for calling often, find a new doc
emmy526
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM

my thoughts too...and if your dr gives you grief about calling so  much, file a report and find a new dr ASAP..  as far as the problem is concerned, maybe his jaw is getting tired..breastfeeding is hard work!  My kids jaw quivered at the end of feedings too..i think it's just normal, and a sign the  baby is getting ready to stop the nursing session. 

Quoting terpmama:

Quoting vinalex0581:

If they give you crap for calling often, find a new doc

tjane3000
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

First of all it doesn't matter if you call these ppl 20 times a day, it is your childs health and that is the MOST important thing, not what your doctors office thinks about you. Never feel bad for acting like a mother. They get moms like that all the time trust me. Your not the first neurotic mother out there, we all are! It's a requirement! lol Don't doubt yourself sweetie! Second, has he had a fever lately? Febrile seizures are not uncommon, and they aren't always violent. It may just be what you think it is, but i would definitely call. It will also give you peace of mind. Good luck and i will be thinking of your LO!

Quoting vinalex0581:

but it's also my sons health that could be in jeopardy and i won't know unless i call.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

mamaeagle216
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM
You should always want to be a bother when it comes to your child. I called every day for 13 days after our son was born. Things they think are common sense are not so much for new, sleep deprived mothers. Call, call, call. Your son will be better for it! I it's nothing then so be it, but I would rather be a bother to someone I'm paying my hard earned money for concerning the health and well being of my child rather then wait it out and hope for the best. Hope everything goes alright.

Quoting vinalex0581:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zanny
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Are you a First Time Mother??

One of the baby shower gifts I like to give is a book by Dr William Sears, called  The Baby Book... I got it, and I will tell you- it answers a LOT of questions youmay have regarding your baby...  They say that Babies Do Not Come With Manuals, but this book is the closest thing to a manual you will have...

Also- really.. If you have ANY concerns about your baby's health, feel free to call the Pediatrician..  That is their job, it is why you hire the,   Remember... They work for you..  You pay them for a service

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Call for sure. Never heard of shaking like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)