Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How long did you use your baby bjorn or sling, wrap, carrier????

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mine is almost 14 months and I have a baby bjorn and I used it alot when she was little. But I couldnt tell you the last time I used it. I am selling alot of my baby stuff and would love to get rid of it if im not going to use it but I am scared that I will need it.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM
I had a moby wrap used it until my son was almost two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma129
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I think it depends on the carrier and your baby. I loved my moby wrap but they got too heavy for it despite what the product says and started sagging in it so I sold it to someone with an witty bitty. I hated my snugly and hip hammocks so I sold them after they turned a year old. My twins are 16 months old and I just spent more money than I should have for a beco butterfly 2 carrier so I can wear my one on my back while I chase after his brothers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Bjorns don't last that long.   If it were a soft structured carrier I'd say you'll get another 2 years out of it, easy.... maybe sell a bunch of stuff and buy a SSC?

jakesmom323
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM
I love my baby Bjorne but it only goes up to low 20's. My last son was 20 lbs when he was 5 months. This new lil guy is smaller and hope to get more use out of it. I wear it to the grocery store, shopping, cleaning, etc;) I'll die if I have to chase after a 3 yr old and 1 yr old next year! Ahhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I used my moby wrap for about 6 months.  At that point...my son didn't really like it too much.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

-PB
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Me too...moby wrap and 2ish.

Quoting KelliansMom:

I had a moby wrap used it until my son was almost two.

KRIZZ25
motherhood is not a race..u can't outdo one another..u go go ur own speed.
Yesterday at 2:56 AM
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM
I ONLY USED MINE A FEW TIMES..MY BACK IS BAD AND COULDN'T CARRIE THEM THAT WAY FOR LONG..MY DD MAYBE 3 OR 4 TIMES..WTH MY TWINS A FEW TIMES AT HOME..I WOULD PUT THE SMALLEST BABY IN IT AND CARRIE THE BIGGEST IN MY ARMS.
storkradio193
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I used my ergo until around 15 months.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

piwife
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I have and ergo and a gauze wrap.. I despise baby bjorn horrible carries my dd is only 5 mts but I plan ro baby wear for a while
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I used it until he was 2-ish. If they were smaller kids I would have used it longer, but my boys are quite big and too heavy to carry around in the slings i had. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)