Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's now or never. I have 3 boys, do I try for the girl?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a dilema. I have 3 boys whom I absoulutely love and adore but truth be told I always wanted a girl. My husband and I decided to get a more "permanent" birth control procedure due to our insurance covering the majority of it. Problem is our insurance is going to change soon and I don't think this procedure will be an option any longer after it changes. I feel very content with our family size and the way things are right now and would'nt want to change it. My boys are 2, 4, 12 so it's not as hard to run errands and get stuff done since they're at ages where they're a bit more independant. (by independant I mean no baby carriers, diaper bags etc...) so adding another baby would be hard for me. Another con on my list would be "pregnancy", I'm now barely starting to lose all my baby fat from my 2 previous boys and to gain it all back would be dissapointing. I also think about the financial responsibilities with a new baby and cringe at the thought of adding diapers, formula, furniture and not to mention maternity clothes! My husband and I have talked about the topic quite a bit and says he's on board if I am. It seems like my con list is much longer then my pro list which would seem like an easy answer but it still doesn't stop me from sighing every time I walk by the baby girl aisle at the store and dream about a little mini me... It's now or never. Please advice! (no judgement please)

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Replies (11-14):
bbyblueAK
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM

only you know if its right for your family but if it were me i would ttc knowing i could end up having another boy.

luvlynesa
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Thank you everyone, I really appraciate your input. But for the people saying it's 'wrong to be gender specific' or not to 'bring another human being into the world simply for that reason". I just wanted to clarify that I am a loving mother and if we decided to try for one more and it turned out to be a boy again, I wouldn't be dissapointed and not love the child the same. Boy or girl I would love it because it was my baby not because of it's gender. After 3 boys though it would be nice to hope for a girl. 

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Try shettles?   We left it to fate and got our girl on the 3rd try.   It's still so surreal to me to have a daughter.  

For the costs... You can cut baby costs easily with buying used, cloth diapering and breastfeeding.    GL!  :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
robyann
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should go for it,  if you don't you may really regret it later. I'm sure once you have your baby, boy or girl, that you won't regret having her/him! It is  hard to take care of a newborn, but you've done it before you can do it again. Your youngest will be 3 by the time the new baby comes, so it won't be very hard. I say GO FOR IT!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured