Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Weak cry?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:43 PM
  • 12 Replies

My almost 8 week old son woke up not too long ago and his cry was very hoarse and weak and he nursed only a few (less than 5) minutes and was back to sleep. He has been sleeping all day and has not been nursing like he normally does since last night (yesterday was my first day back to work and the first day of being away from him.) He was also super congested and I had to clear out his nose. Anyone else experienced this with your babies? Let me also add that he has NOT been running a fever of any kind.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Lots of colds and crap going around right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

If he doesn't have a fever or labored breathing then it's probably just a cold.

smallfry3280
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

ida123
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Quoting smallfry3280:

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

Yes its a cold

wearymoon
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Personally I would get him to the doctor.

luvmykidsmomof4
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Awe.... sounds like he has a cold.  lots of stuff going around rite now.  as long as there is no fever or he is not having a hard time breathing theres nothing to worry about.  some things to try are saline nose drops for infants.  one name brand is "ayr"  it will help flush some of the mucus out of his nose and throat.  another thing to try is baby vicks rub.. on his chest  will also help him breath easier.  If he gets a fever or has labored breathing I would suggest called the pedi.  hope he gets well soon.:)

Chickie1311
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would try the vicks, but instead of on the chest do on the bottom of his feet and then put socks on. |My grandmother told me this when my girlie was just a couple weeks old and it did wonders||<3 Good luck love

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Aww ~ I hope he gets to feeling better. :)  

Yes, he sounds like he is experiencing a cold.  Just keep him warm and cuddly and if he wants to eat, feed him.  If how he feels changes and his breathing is labored or he gets a fever over a 100 degrees, then you should call your dr. and get his/her advice.  :)   Don't worry too much mamma.  

DarlaHood
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM

So sorry your son is sick, especially right when you're struggling with going back to work.  It's so hard leaving, and you're probably still hormonal.  And it sucks being a working mom when your kids are sick.  Particularly when they're little.  I just want to encourage you that it will be o.k.  You both will get through the adjustment, he will feel better, and everything will be o.k.  My dd's are 27 and 18 now, but I still remember what it was like.  They are both great "kids" and things work out.  I hope your ds feels better!  Good luck.

LindaClement
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Doctor, as soon as possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)