Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Dose any one know what this might be? Edited //////UPDATE

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

Im taking him to the Dr tomorrow I just wanted to see if any moms might know what it could be? We have not tried any new foods or anything so I dont know what it is he just had his one year check up and his shots on the 28th of sept. So IDK

Edit :    Well I think it is Roseola. it makes since . He had a fever 2 days ago and since his fever broke he started to get a rash. So im taking him in the morning after my oldest gets on the bus.

UPDATE: Well we found out it was roseola there is nothing that really can be done just to let it run its courses. And he is doing so much better. He is eatting so much better now and he is acting like himself again. So Im one happy mommy... Thank you everyone

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM

i cant see anything....

Sharon435
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Okay this is my one year old he just had his shots on the 28th of Sept. I noticed after I droped my oldest off at the bus stop that my baby has a rash every where ... I dont know what it could be. I'm taking him in to the Dr tomorrow morning. I just wanted to see if any moms might know. He hasnt been on anything new. So I really dont know what it could be.

KayelynnsMama
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Does he have a fever?

My DD just got over a viral infection and had a rash like that.

Sharon435
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

Does he have a fever?

No. He did the other day of 102 but it went down after I gave him some meds but he has been pooping weird......

stacy2607
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM
My now 20 month old DS had the same looking rash a few months ago and I made him a dr apt.. They couldn't get him in until 2 days later and that day of his dr apt he woke up that morning and it was gone.. Never did figure out what it was.. He didn't have any other symptoms like a fever or anything.
CafeMom Tickers
crystal-boyd
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM
May b an out break of Roseiolla (spelled wrong sry) im not really educated on it. But a friends son had a rash like that n i made her take him to doc before id watch him in case it was something contagious n they said it was harmless and would clear up on its own. Hope ur little guys ok. :-( poor baby
Gina_C
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Or with a fever it could be Roseola. If no fever, could be infintigo (sp?). Both are very common. But always best to ask the doc :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:15 PM

He may be having a reaction to the shots. It kind of looks like small hives. Has he been acting like he's itchy?

juniebug11
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:15 PM
My daughter had that happen , expect she's mixed, so I don't know if it was red, but their was bumps everywhere, they think it was rosella ( I think that's how you spell it) but they said it could be a possible hand ,foot and mouth.
She was in daycare at the time. So I'm not sure? But she did have a fever , then it left, then the rash.

Good luck ! Hope he feels better!
Gina_C
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:15 PM
With Roseola they typically would have a fever then after the fever breaks they get a rash. My son had it.

Did you change laundry detergents or anything like that? Bath soaps? That can cause irritation as well

Quoting Sharon435:

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

Does he have a fever?

No. He did the other day of 102 but it went down after I gave him some meds but he has been pooping weird......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)