Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Monsters in her room.

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM
  • 14 Replies
Help my 3 year old says there are monsters in her room. She has a nightlight. Has slept fine in her room for almost a year. Now she throws a fit about going to sleep because of the monsters.
She didn't even know what a monster was until the new monster and something cartoon in Disney or nick. My husband didn't help when he decided it was a good idea to go to the spirit halloween store to look for costumes for her. Now I'm not sure I even want to do anything for Halloween with her. I'm afraid she will be even more scared. Help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tyler0102
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM
My 2, almost 3, year old started the monster thing recently too. But she says theres more than one & there everywhere & shes not super afraid, its more like a game to her now. When it first started she seemed more afraid but I just told her monsters cant get in the house and would pretend to kick the "monsters" out. it really helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lurion
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

They sell Monster Spray at the dollar store. Monsters are actually deathly allergic to it. 

Worked in my son's room every time. 

It comes in a clear plastic bottle that you can decorate yourself with a sharpie. 

Comes in several flavors like Vanilla, Pine Sol and hand soap. 

Make sure to leave it by their bed just  in case. 

lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Monster spray.....water and lavendar or whatever fragrance or air freshener you can find.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples04
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Get monster spray. Any febreeze type air freshener or make some with water & a tad of fabric softener. Tell her how monsters hate it & let her spray the monster zones of her room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tyler0102
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM
As for halloween, Take her out early. I go around 530. So we can be done before older kids start going out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sktrowb
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
We did that too. Daddy beat them up and kicked them out. It Dosent work when daddy is sleeping though.

Quoting Tyler0102:

My 2, almost 3, year old started the monster thing recently too. But she says theres more than one & there everywhere & shes not super afraid, its more like a game to her now. When it first started she seemed more afraid but I just told her monsters cant get in the house and would pretend to kick the "monsters" out. it really helped.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sktrowb
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Great idea. Never thought of that. Thanks.

Quoting Dimples04:

Get monster spray. Any febreeze type air freshener or make some with water & a tad of fabric softener. Tell her how monsters hate it & let her spray the monster zones of her room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sktrowb
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Our town is during the day all at the same time. Like 1-3 Saturday before halloween

Quoting Tyler0102:

As for halloween, Take her out early. I go around 530. So we can be done before older kids start going out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catngabsmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

don't forget to add glitter to it!!! little girls love glitter! i did the same thing with my girls, i put glitter in it too, they had to shake the bottle first to "activate" it, then after they sprayed they would lay back down and watch the glitter set back to the bottom. once the glitter went back to the bottom, that is how they knew the monster was back home with their own mommy.

Quoting sktrowb:

Great idea. Never thought of that. Thanks.

Quoting Dimples04:

Erica

Mom to
Caterina-10.5
Gabriella-9
CoeyG
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Monster Spray.   Get a spray bottle, fill it with water and just a touch of food coloring  If you want you can add a drop or two of air freshener, cologne/body spray.  I have a friend who put eucalyptus oil and lavender in her's .  Then you have the child spray all the nooks and crannies (Monster hiding places) as well as the bed  to prevent the monsters from coming out.

Eucalyptus and lavendar are aromas that induce relaxation and sleep.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)